turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Traceykadner
Returning Member

Why was my stimulus rejected

I don't want to my 2019 yet and I am just trying to enter in my banking information to get the stimulus check,  I thought you go to  "If you don't need to file your taxes this year " and I register and it still gives me the error that it failed to go through ..what do I need to do , to correct this info and make it go through???

JohnB5677
Employee Tax Expert

If you had filed a 2019 return, or tried to do the registration earlier, you will get rejected because the IRS will only allow one E-file per SSN.  This is for security reasons.  If all else pails, you can mail it in.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Why

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Make sure that you are using this link for your Stimulus Registration.  When you are on this webpage, scroll toward the bottom and select, If you don't need to file your taxes this year.  If this is the site that you used, please re-try electronically filing your Stimulus Registration.

I have done that one numerous times and it still comes back as stimulus registration rejected. 

Did that and it didnt work for me. 

JohnB5677
Employee Tax Expert

If all else has failed, you will have to mail it.

My original one that I filed was rejected as well. 

Traceykadner
Returning Member

I did NOT FILE 2019 I am only trying to register my banking information for the stimulus check you were not reading peoples messages it keeps saying it gets rejected when we go through the whole process of updating our banking information for the stimulus check what can we do do to it keeps getting rejected????????

JohnB5677
Employee Tax Expert

If all else fails, you can mail it in.  Or you can wait and use this IRS tool when it is available.

If you only want to change your Direct Deposit Information

The Treasury is expected to shortly announce an online portal where direct deposit information can be supplied to the IRS. Here is what you should do: 

Go to  http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know to see if they have set up the online portal. (This article will be updated with the web address once it’s available.)

Traceykadner
Returning Member

Thank you for this I’m sure you won’t be able to use the IRS portal when it’s up and running as too many people will be using it and it will be overloaded with people doing this , this means I’ll never receive a paper check as this process will take forever or the USPS won’t deliver it etc 

JohnB5677
Employee Tax Expert

I still suggest that you mail a copy in.

For the past couple days we have been being told that there is a known issue and we should retry because it should be fixed "soon". However whenever we ask for the steps on how to resubmit we just get a link to the what you should know section. Once it rejects the registration we are only seeing a print option, no option to review or resubmit. Are we to just blindly create new accounts to retry the registration or will we be given steps or possibly even be informed when the issue is fixed?

AmyC
Employee Tax Expert

@Jmcraew32 Some people are able to successfully create a new submission. Please try again at Impact Payment Calculator with an option to register for non-filers near the bottom, right side.

Traceykadner
Returning Member

Nope I have tried 10 times it still rejects it 

Manage cookies