turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jayday18

Why was my stimulus rejected

Intuit says I need to  print it and mail it why?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

When unexpected results occur, I recommend signing out of the program and closing the browser window completely. Wait a minute.

Then, open an incognito Chrome Window. Go to the TurboTax support at this link: TurboTax Updates for Stimulus Payment Registration.

For other Coronavirus related details, please see the following resources:

@Meggerbeez

View solution in original post

110 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

This issue should be corrected soon.  Please retry electronically filing your stimulus registration later today.  This issue should be fixed.  

Please make sure that  this link you used to file for your Stimulus Registration.   On this link, select If you don't need to file your taxes this year:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I had the same problem. However I don’t have an option to try to do an online submission again. It only gives me the option to print 

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

When unexpected results occur, I recommend signing out of the program and closing the browser window completely. Wait a minute.

Then, open an incognito Chrome Window. Go to the TurboTax support at this link: TurboTax Updates for Stimulus Payment Registration.

For other Coronavirus related details, please see the following resources:

@Meggerbeez

Devin d

My stimulus check said rejected and I don't know why I did not have enough income to file a return this year so I registered and it told me I have to mail it in

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

These links may help explain and guide you through the process.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/ link to stimulus registration (SR).  It is very important that you uses this link that says register now if you don't need to file taxes this year.  Otherwise, you will not be able to E-file a zero return. It also has the calculator.

The IRS says it is working on developing a web-based system for people to give the government their direct-deposit information. Keep checking www.irs.gov/coronavirus for more details on this.

Edited 04/07/2020

That completely fixed the problem! Thank you so much!

@KathrynG3 

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

You're welcome!

I have this same issue. You are advising to re-file electronically. Does this mean creating another account? When I went to the link specified and tried incognito mode, it still prompted me to sign into my account, which of course did not give me an option to re-file, only to print.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

These links may help explain and guide you through the process.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/ link to stimulus registration (SR).  It is very important that you uses this link that says register now if you don't need to file taxes this year.  Otherwise, you will not be able to E-file a zero return. It also has the calculator.

The IRS says it is working on developing a web-based system for people to give the government their direct-deposit information. Keep checking www.irs.gov/coronavirus for more details on this.

It wasnt fixed. I tried from a different device and it was still rejected. 

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

If you used the stimulus website, you may have picked the wrong option to file a zero return.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/ link to stimulus registration (SR).  It is very important that you use the option that says register now if you don't need to file taxes this year.  Otherwise, you will not be able to E-file a zero return. It also has the calculator.

Why was my stimulus check rejected 

I used the correct option for filers that do not have to file a return and who do not receive social security. I input all requested information correctly, submitted and my stimulus registration was rejected with instructions to mail a printed copy. Why is this? Multiple "tax experts" are citing issues with TT and are giving different information such as to re-file, create a new account or just reiterating what I already know. With all due respect, can someone please answer my question? This process is already frustrating without "tax experts" adding to the confusion with answers that seem to dodge the actual question

Traceykadner
Returning Member

I have tried many times, I used the link that said I don't need to file tax return to register for the stimulus check update checking account info,. as I don't want to file my taxes just yet, it keeps saying rejected...where can I update my checking account info without filing my 2019 tax returns ????

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies