Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ampolk54

Why is my EID number 10 digits, with 2 zeros in front and no dash between the 2nd and 3rd digits?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Why is my EID number 10 digits, with 2 zeros in front and no dash between the 2nd and 3rd digits?

Are you talking about an Employer Identification Number (EIN)? Where do you see this 10-digit Employer Identification Number? It it's on a form, what is the complete form number? Is it your own EIN for self-employment or for a business you own, or is it the EIN of your employer, a client, a financial institution, etc.?

Carl
Level 15

No such thing as an EID number. I suspect you mean EIN number. Where did you get this EIN number from? If from some form, what form and what box on that form? Maybe it's a state or locality ID number you're dealing with?

ampolk54

I figured out my problem - I was confusing the EIN with the employer's state ID number. Thank you for the replies.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies