Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is it taking so long to make the K-1 1065 2023 form to be available? My software says "available soon." It's already mid February 2024. What is the delay?

Just adding my voice to those complaining about this.  Turbo Tax, it's especially frustrating that you're charging extra for the product that has this form but still can't provide the form!  Like others, I will be looking into switching to another company.

Why is it taking so long to make the K-1 1065 2023 form to be available? My software says "available soon." It's already mid February 2024. What is the delay?

This is insane and I have a pile up of over 35 returns due to this form not being available on time this year.

GATiger1

This is so frustrating.  I've used Turbotax for over 20 years and for the first time I'm considering using a different service next year.  

@WilliamW1952 wrote:

This is insane and I have a pile up of over 35 returns due to this form not being available on time this year.

Hopefully, you are aware that your TurboTax license is not for commercial use. If you're being compensated for preparing returns, you need to use professional tax preparation software.

For everyone else, note that filing too early only gives the IRS extra time to examine your return and conduct an audit as the (3-year) time period for doing so starts on the due date of the return or the date the return is filed, whichever is later.

Thus, if you file today (2/15), you're basically giving the IRS an extra two months to examine your return. If you're filing early to get a refund, try adjusting your withholding or your estimated tax payments; quit giving the U.S. Treasury an interest-free loan.

As of today, the link shows that the 1065 K1 is available. However, the actual TT SW for Windows indicates 2/21/24 and will not allow me to continue further with completing it (even though the SW updated prior to usage).

I just filed with nerdwallet, and I'm cancelling my auto renewal with TT. This is ridiculous.

There are so many benefits to filing early and this delay is simply unacceptable. However, turbo tax won't see it that way or acknowledge the frustration they are causing which is clearly being voiced by a lot of customers. How did we become so accustomed to businesses taking our money and not delivering what we paid for? And expecting us to accept the horrible customer service that comes with not delivering what we paid for? Where's the urgency? The apology? The 15% discount? Anything other than nothing? Garbage. And nice to know I have options next year. Paper and calculator is better than this experience. And yet, I'll hurry up and wait until they are ready to deliver what I already paid for. If they even deliver it at all. This is pathetic.

@newcoastproperties wrote:

There are so many benefits to filing early......

There are virtually none other than getting the money back that you "loaned", interest-free, to the United States Treasury Department.

llaytham

This delay is costing me money. I have an energy credit refund due and I cannot collect it and pay it back down on my solar panel loan because I have to include K1 1120S income in my filing.

I did the math and because I cannot get my refund this month I will pay Tesla an extra $100 in principal and an extra $28.16 in interest.

Intuit/Turbotax needs to expediate this entry being unlocked and offer a credit to people like me who are losing money directly as a result of this delay - which, according to the other discussion members, is NOT happening on competitor tools, like NerdWallet. 

Furthermore, form 1065 and schedule k-1 for partnerships must be filed by March 15th. If TurboTax continues to delay updating, that could interfere with getting forms filed on time.

About to leave them as well and look for another Tax service

yes, I filed with them today. It was a little less transparent than TT, and the K1 was a little more confusing to enter, but it worked. 

It is true there are +s and -'s to filing later or sooner. Myself I want the final answer now and final work done now! Have other focuses.

Filing time is my choice not TT's.

Forms view and delete also works,

I disagree and recommend you check your facts.  I've been checking every day and it said 2/14 until today, 2/15, when it changed and said it'll be available 2/21.  I agree with others.  This is completely unacceptable.  I've already purchased the software for this year but will be requesting a refund since you're too incompetent to have this ready.  It gives me ZERO confidence in the reliability of your software.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies