turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why can’t tax form 7202 T not be efiled

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Tax form 7202 can be efiled with H and R block online. I’ve used turbo tax for several years but made the switch last night. Due to the fact that turbo tax doesn’t support efile of form 7202 I actually liked useing H and R block better. Turbo tax you have lost a loyal customer and all his family that he helps do there taxes every year for. 

View solution in original post

39 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

It is still in draft status as of Nov 30, 2020

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-dft/f7202--dft.pdf

Turbo tax estimated date for the tax form 7202 T is 01/28/21 to mail in but it says can’t be efiled 

how ever it says tax form 7202 S will be ready to mail or Efile soon. 

al88
Level 2

What is the difference??

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

The form 7202 SP is the Spanish version of the form.

For TurboTax CD/Download, the form is supported but for other versions of TurboTax Online does not support this form. 

At this time, the form 7202 cannot be e-filed because it specifically states in the instructions to "Attach to your return".  See this link for the instructions to prepare the Form 7202.  https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-dft/i7202--dft.pdf

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

When can it be filled electronically. 

shauna44

I do not understand why I am being asked for this form. I was not self employed. There seems to be an error on the application.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Form 7202T is not complete and ready for use yet.  There must have been a question on sick leave where you answered yes.  You did say that you are not self employed so if you are sure you do not need it then here is the process to delete it.

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.

Just a reminder that Use Form 7200 to request an advance payment of the tax credits for qualified sick and qualified family leave wages and the employee retention credit that you will claim on the following formsForm 941, Employer's QUARTERLY Federal Tax Return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

When will it be ready 

JohnW152
Employee Tax Expert

Form 7202 is tentatively scheduled to be available in TurboTax on February 11th.  Please see the TurboTax Help article IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products for any future updates.

It will not be supported in e-file, so it must be printed, and you'd need to mail your return if the form applies to you.

If you were self-employed, you can use Form 7202 to figure an amount to claim for qualified sick and family leave equivalent credits on your 2020 tax return.

BDaddy52
Returning Member

Schedule C says to attach to return. I don't understand the difference.

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Form 7202 cannot be e-filed.  If you need to attach Form 7202 to your return you will have to print and mail in your return. 

It is no longer in draft at of 2/11/2020.  When will it be available for e-filing using TurboTax?  Mailing in our returns should not be an option based on our how our USPS is functioning!!!

Tax form 7202 can be efiled with H and R block online. I’ve used turbo tax for several years but made the switch last night. Due to the fact that turbo tax doesn’t support efile of form 7202 I actually liked useing H and R block better. Turbo tax you have lost a loyal customer and all his family that he helps do there taxes every year for. 

Thank you for your response.  I will probably do the same. I have been told for years TurboTax sucks, I guess they were right!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies