Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mel-S
Returning Member

Why can't I set line 1 of my 2021 Michigan Schedule 1 Additions form $0. It seems like the Turbotax software has a bug and has put $1 on this line.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
GeorgeM777
Expert Alumni

Why can't I set line 1 of my 2021 Michigan Schedule 1 Additions form $0. It seems like the Turbotax software has a bug and has put $1 on this line.

Your MI return has probably been populated with your entries on your federal return.   Does your federal return reflect gross interest and dividends of $1.00?  If it does, that would likely be the reason why your MI Schedule 1 reflects $1.00 of gross interest and dividends.

We do not know what entries exist on your federal return; however, if you are filing a return reflecting $0 in adjusted gross income, there is guidance from the IRS on how such returns should be prepared.  In this regard, the IRS has advised tax preparation service companies that taxpayers filing a return reflecting $0 in adjusted gross income, that such returns should reflect the following entries in order to allow such returns to be e-filed:

(1) $1 as taxable interest on line 2b of the form;

(2) $1 as total income on line 9 of the form; and

(3) $1 as AGI on line 11 of the form.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Mel-S
Returning Member

GeorgeM777,

I did try to chase down the extra $1 for income in our Fed return but couldn't find it. I will try digging in again but appreciate your help.

Mel S.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies