Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why can't I import my TD Ameritrade 1099B

No it does not work. When entered my TD Ameritrade 11 character document ID, an error window always  popup asking 11 character document ID. It's weird. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You can reach out to TD Ameritrade, and they can provide you with the 11-character document ID in order to import correctly. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Lsanderson40
Returning Member

I tried several times this weekend as well and with 2 different TD Ameritrade documents. Neither worked and this has never been a problem before. I tried everything like hand typing the document code, copying it, and going to TD Ameritrade to check it again. Nothing worked. Any help would be appreciated as I have a lot of trades to hand enter otherwise. 

Ditto,  I have two TD Ameritrade accounts and get a document error immediately upon entering import,  It certainly does not even try to connect to TDA as the error is instant.  This has always worked in the past.  I did notice that I do not have to enter login credentials this year just the account # and document # from my 1099.  This must work; I have hundreds of transactions that must be entered.    March 6.

I called TurboTax service yesterday and one of the representatives tried to help me go through it but failure. I was wondering why it worked for some people like but nor work for others.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

If you are using TurboTax Online, you may want to try a different browser or try clearing out your browser's cache and cookies. Please see How do I delete cookies? and How to clear your cache for more information.

Please see What if I can't import my 1099? for instructions. Additionally, please keep in mind that if you are entering a Document ID it is case sensitive. So, if the Document ID is listed in all caps, you will want to enter it in all caps. 

@barryon 

@Sam664 

I am having the same problem and called TD Ameritrade and turbo support.  Definitely an issue with turbo tax that needs a update to fix.  Does HR Block work with Ameritrade 

SOLVED!  TD document # must be capitalized.  Once I entered all CAPS it downloaded, all 78 pages.  Relieved.

Lsanderson40
Returning Member

Works fine as of March 8, 2023. Must have fixed the back end as I had entered caps last time. This time - worked fine!
Lsanderson40
Returning Member

Works fine as of March 8, 2023. Must have fixed the back end as I had entered caps last time. This time - worked fine!

Still not working

Sorry to hear it's still not working for some of you...  

I WAS able to import my TD account a few weeks ago, but forgot to post about it.  My apologies!

SOLVED! Thanks for Barryon! Yes! TD document # must be capitalized.  Once I entered all CAPS, all the pages went through. 🙂

Roc8

You're right!!!   Must be in CAPS.   Thanks

It’s an internal TurboTax issue that they need to fix.  My issue has nothing to do with  using large or small caps.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies