Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why am I not allowed to update my shipping address for TurboTaxDeluxe CD shipments?

I can enter the new data but the save button is disabled. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with a representative and she supposedly was able to update it. However, when I received a confirmation email FROM Intuit, it showed an outdated shipping address that I stopped using 5 years ago. When I log into my TurboTax Advantage account, it also still shows the WRONG shipping address. So I had to call Intuit back and waste another 30 minutes! This agent said her screen showed the updated address but could not explain why the email showed the wrong address. She suggested installing the data harvesting malware called Google Chrome. I've tried using Safari, Brave, Firefox, Opera, and Vivaldi with the same disabled button on all of them

I'm beginning to think this is part of Intuit's plan to discourage MacOS users.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Why am I not allowed to update my shipping address for TurboTaxDeluxe CD shipments?

IF you had read my entire question, you would have seen I had already Been there, Done that, No T-Shirt!

The FIRST representative supposedly was able to update both my billing and my shipping addresses.  This was after 45 minutes of her working on it.

HOWEVER, the confirmation email INTUIT sent me, only had the billing address updated; the shipping was NOT!

So I called AGAIN and the SECOND representative basically said to use the data harvesting Google Chrome! Of course, she could NOT EXPLAIN why the email sent FROM Intuit had the wrong address or how Google Chrome would have changed the text in the email! That was ANOTHER 30+ minutes on the phone with support.

So if FIVE (5) DIFFERENT web browsers get the SAME IDENTICAL info, why would a 6th be any different?

I highly recommend that you just cancel the advantage program altogether and buy the program from a trusted third party seller for half the price.

The only Advantage is you get it as soon as it comes but at full price.  And then it is just a early version and there will be many updates to come.   If you can wait a little bit you can find it on sale or less at many places.  I get mine at Costco.  They usually have a coupon.  Or you might get a deal at your bank or investment company.

You can sign into your Turbo Tax Advantage account and under Your Product, select to Remove Product.  Once you remove the recurring product order, the Turbo Tax Advantage subscription will be cancelled as well.

How to cancel Turbo Tax Advantage

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-cancel-my-turbotax-advantage-subscriptio...

@VolvoGirl 

But isn't the Costco version Windows only? About when does Costco get stock?

My credit union has offered it in the past but only for Windows. I use MacOS.

I buy the actual CD.  It has both the Windows and Mac versions on it.  If you buy a download you need to buy the right one.  They have both the Windows and Mac downloads.  My friend buys the Mac download from Costco online.  

Don't know when retail stores get their stock.  They probably have the download online before the stores get the CD.  Can't imagine that your credit union only has the Windows download.  You might have to look for a checkbox to get the right version.  Look close.

IMHO  there is no real advantage to the ADVANTAGE program any longer  so just buy the program from a reputable reseller for less  and cancel your advantage account.   Many resellers have discounts on the program and the price usually goes down as the season continues ( cheaper in March than in December) but beware of deep discounts from unknown sources as they could have malware or worse imbedded in them ... if the price sounds too good to be true it is.    AND  all the downloaded programs have all the same forms so save a few bucks and just but the Deluxe (Basic if you don't need a state program) and watch closely as the Deluxe is sold outside of  the TT  system both  with & without the state program. 

There are only 3 so called "advantages" any longer  ...  https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/advantage/

1) phone support from a dedicated number (word in the forum is you don't get any faster service using that number)

2) free shipping/download as soon as it is available  ( most places give free download ... and you don't really need the CD ever as it only has the beta version of the program on it anyway ... after installation you always have up update it  AND  no one needs the first beta version of the program in November which is not really fully operational until late January at the earliest ... some forms & states  not until March some years.  If you need to do any tax planning for the next tax year you need to use the prior year program which is already fully operational)

3)  free re-downloads for 3 years  ... all sellers do the same or you can always ask TT for another download for free

@VolvoGirl , @Critter-3 

I'll look into it for next year but keep my eye open for when the TurboTax Deluxe CD package shows up in stores this year. The reason I want to get the software as early as possible is because I want to be able to send in my return in January. Unfortunately, there is one financial institution that doesn't mail out 1099-Rs until sometime in the first week of February. 

There is no benefit to filing before the end of January or before you get all your tax reporting forms.  If you do your return is simply will be put on hold until they can verify the income you reported with the tax forms that are issued  and you run the risk of having to amend the return (amendments are currently taking upwards of 8 months to process... so being hasty is not the wise choice).   

And you will be surprised that the stores usually have the program before the "advantage" folks get them  AND remember the IRS never accepts efiled returns prior to mid January.   AND remember the program itself will not be fully functional until mid to late January at the earliest ... later for the state functions so please don't be in a rush.  

I try to get my returns sent in by mid-February (since the IRS keeps saying to "file early") so I can get my refund faster. Of course, if I OWE, then I delay to March.

Of course in 2020 & 2021 that bit me as in November of both years the IRS said they had not received my return but HAD received my check! Since I send my returns (with the checks included) via Certified Return Receipt mail, I had PROOF they had received the returns. Most likely the Cincinnati IRS office processed the checks but then just threw the returns in the trash. I sent copies of the returns AND of the Return Receipt showing the Cincinnati office HAD received the returns to the Austin office and that was that. I hoped I got someone in Cincinnati fired for their actions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies