Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why am I getting two $40 charges when I only agreed to one??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

@ justusandi 

Here are a couple of possibilities:

Did you have both Federal and state returns?  If so, each one in Online Deluxe is currently $40.

Or did you choose to pay your TurboTax fee out of your Federal refund?   If so, that would explain the second fee, which is an additional service fee that pays the third-party processor that first receives your refund, takes out the TurboTax fees, then sends the rest to your bank account.

If you haven't yet efiled, you can remove that pay-out-of-refund option and pay the TurboTax fees upfront with credit/debit card or a prepaid debit card you can purchase in a store.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-remove-pay-with-my-refund-fees-in-turbot...

If you have already efiled, it can only be removed if your efiled return is rejected once the IRS opens up on January 27.

@justusandi 

I added some additional info to my answer above, mentioning 2 possibilities for the two $40 charges.

I just went through this with customer service.  When you choose to pay with your refund, they charge you another $40 fee for doing so. I had Turbotax Deluxe ($40) then just chose to have that $40 come out of my refund...sounds simple right. NO! I found out that when you do it that way, they tack on another ($40) for you doing that. So when I got to the end and saw my feed, it said it would deduct $80!! Like, No! So I called support, and she said if I change how I pay, (Pay with a debit/credit card) the fee would go away. That's exactly what happened. Only $40! Now I know for next year! I thought I would've had to start all over to save $40... just choose to pay with a card and get it out of the way. Much much much more simple.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies