turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Which turbo software package to use

I need to e-file f1040, f2555, s1, sb, sd.    Which software package do I need?  What is the fee?

In addition, my foreign employer is non US company.   This means no US company ID exist and no W-2 is issued (only salary statement).  can I still e-file?  Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

You will still be able to E-file your return.  I don't know what you are referring to by sb, and sd.  I also don't know what other forms you might need.  If you worked overseas, and are eligible for the foreign income exclusion, then you can use any version of TurboTax Online, other than Free.  For a list of forms and schedules available in each version, go to:

Form and Schedule Availability by Product Version

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for your assistance.  I meant by sb, sd, & s1 for schedule-B, schedule-D & schedule-1.

Another question please:  How about "FinCEN Report 114", and "FBAR".  Are they available in your 

turbo tax packages, and if so, which one.  Thank you 

You can buy any of the Desktop CD/Download programs you can use any version.  All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions. 

If you use the Online web version start with Deluxe.  It will ask you to upgrade if you need a higher version.

Desktop vs Online

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/what-s-the-difference-between-turbotax-onl...

Start an Online return here,

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

Buy the personal Desktop CD/Download programs here

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

Thanks for pointing out the CD/Download option, I was not aware of it.  It seems a better choice for me since I can choose the "Basic" one with includes ALL the forms.  I also noticed the CD option allows me to print my tax return versus the online option which does not.  Am I correct?  Thank you

Yes.  But do you need a state return?  Basic does not have state.   And there are several other advantages of Desktop over Online.  You can see and enter into the actual forms.  And you can do unlimited returns. And other features.

With online you can print and mail your return.  The online fee is the same whether you efile or print and mail.

Thank you for your valuable info.

No, I don't need to file a state return.

E-filing will be safer and faster, however, the purpose of printing my tax return is just to save a hard copy for my records.  Thanks again

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies