turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

u252318

Which estimator should I be using in TurboTax? There is a "Get a preview of next year" Model and another post 2021 Recap. One model shows a refund the other shows dues.

I enter the exact same information on each platform but end up with two different answers. Not sure if one just needs updated programming.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Which estimator should I be using in TurboTax? There is a "Get a preview of next year" Model and another post 2021 Recap. One model shows a refund the other shows dues.

What year are you trying to get an estimate for? It sounds like your are using estimators for two different years. Post 2021 recap is probably a review of 2021. A preview of next year is for 2022. Tax rates, credits, and other factors are different.

u252318

Trying to estimate for 2022. 

I guess the verbiage of the Recap is what’s throwing me off. Has a nice slideshow to show the 21’s tax year, refund, credits, etc. at the end of the slideshow it ask if you want to get a better refund next year. Implying 2022 returns. Followed  by a question “what’s expected to change between now and 12-31-22. Then again the standard deduction on the recap for married is showing 25,100 when 2022’s will be 25,900. 

Seems like the 2022 tax estimator should be the one to go with. Just thought it was odd that the other is available and can be confusing. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies