Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where is the form 8915-f for 2023 filing of 2022 taxes?

This is the response I received from Turbo Tax when I asked about the issue:

I see. Right now, TurboTax is aware of this bug and is actively fixing the form 8915F. Please try again tomorrow or later tonight. If you file before then you will still experience a rejection.

I requested a refund from Turbo Tax and will be using a different preparer.

This is ridiculous mines says n/a on my 2021 and it was fine TT is pissing me off this year.

I was in the same boat you were in. I tried H&R Block this morning and it worked great! Very straight forward and no work-a-rounds. I felt very confidant my taxes were calculated properly. Give it a shot. You can enter your data and see what I mean without have to pay a prep fee until you process the returns.

J_34
Level 3

Following TT instructions I posted... Those did not work for me. I had to go into Tools>delete forms and had to delete both of the following files. Only deleting "Form 8915F-S" didn't fix it. 

delete.png

Once deleted, then I went back into Federal / wages and income/ all the way down to "Retirements plans and revisited the top option. This is where you re-enter everything to populate the 8915F form

Screenshot 2023-03-10 9.31.27 AM.png

Then go to the print center to verify the changes.

There should be no descriptions or numbers in 1-6 under line C if you are checking the box in line D... or apparently it will reject your return.

Screenshot 2023-03-10 9.21.49 AM.png

@J_34  Was yours accepted?  I have lost all faith in Turbo Tax. 

Absolutely pathetic.  Everyone should dump TurboTax.  

J_34
Level 3

I just sent it. The first time I sent it, it took a couple days to be rejected by the IRS. So this is my last try. If I get rejected again, I will move on with someone else. I only tried again because I could see that I accomplished a change on the 8915F form. 

snwa28

I tried this with the online version and it is still populating with "Covid-19" in line 1. SO frustrating. TT needs to get it together!

nikonosis
Returning Member

That seems to have worked, deleting those forms. Hopefully it gets accepted this time.

nikonosis
Returning Member

Mine was accepted after deleting those two forms and redoing them.

image.png

So it seems like I was able to input my information for form 8915f but my tax forms were rejected saying it was incomplete.  Is this 8915f update available or what?

@nikonosis 

If there is text in the fima code the irs will reject it in 24-48 hours

J_34
Level 3

My Federal was just accepted. My only change was to remove the word "Coronavirus" from the FEMA code field on the 8915-F form.  

I was able to achieve removing this by deleting two forms and repopulating them. I am using the online version. 

TT is pulling over what was in that field from last year. Last year the IRS did not reject returns based on this. So the IRS now is, and Turbotax's "fix" will probably be to clear that field for you automatically. As of right now, the work around for me using the online version was to delete these TWO forms.  Deleting just one did not remove the text in the FEMA field.

delete.png

This worked for me. 

Where do you go to delete 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies