turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

peterk426
Returning Member

Where/How Do I file my 1099-G form????

I have looked at  https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2892302-where-do-i-report-a-1099-g-for-unemployment-or-paid-family...

that doesn't answer my question.

I received unemployment in NYC for X amount. I am looking at my 1099-G Form I was given by the state. Where do I file this?

I am looking on tabs Federal > Wages and Income > unemployment > Did you receive unemployment or paid family leave benefits in 2018? > I clicked Yes. It now asks me "what type of payment did you receive?" 1.Taxable Grant. 2.Agriculture Farm payment 3. Market gain or CCC loans. 4. reemployment trade adjustment assistance (RTAA) payments 5. Business or farm tax refund. I am unsure what to select here, since my 1099-G form does not mention any of these. And i do not want to mess up my tax return 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Those are the questions for OTHER 1099-G forms.

Manually Navigate back to that section again.  Don't use the Search or Jump-to functions.

When I do Federal > Wages and Income > unemployment > Did you receive unemployment or paid family leave benefits in 2018? 

I only get the proper unemployment / paid family leave questions  (both when I use desktop software, and when I use Online software).

IF still a problem...which software are you using  Desktop of Online?

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

I am not sure why you are getting the "what type of payment did you receive", since none of them apply to you. I just went through the steps & I did not get that .

- Federal Taxes (Personal for Home & Business)

-Wages & Income

- I'll choose what I work on (if it comes up)

- Unemployment - click Start or Update

- The next screen Unemployment (and Paid Family Leave), select Yes, we received unemployment or paid family leave on a 1099-G 

Then you should get a screen that has Enter Your 1099-G info

The next screen should be What is the total amount you received on your 1099-G?

Continue to finish entering your 1099-G form

--------------------------------------

Try deleting what you have entered, and then go back through the steps above.

------------------------------------------

Unemployment (and Paid Family Leave).png  Enter your 1099-G info.png What's the total amount you received on your 1099-G.png

peterk426
Returning Member

I deleted what I entered. I go to Federal > Income and Wages, Unemployment > click Revisit > Did you receive unemployment or paid family leave benefits in 2018? > Clicked yes > says Great! We've got your income info and brings me back to Wages and income. I never get to a page where I can enter my 1099-G Information. Is this only available on a premium version? Also I am using Google Chrome on a laptop.

peterk426
Returning Member

I am using Google Chrome. I do go to Federal > wages and income > Unemployment > Did you receive unemployment or paid family leave benefits in 2018? Click Yes > Then it says great! and brings me back to the wages and income page. It does not bring me to the 1099-G Page to fill out.

Are you using the Free Edition?  If so, it does not have the 1099-G form

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies