TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
1717 people found this useful

Where do I report a 1099-G for unemployment or paid family leave?

Here's where to report your 1099-G for unemployment or paid family leave.

If you're using the TurboTax mobile app, follow these instructions.

Unemployment compensation and paid family leave are entered in the same place:

  1. Open your tax return. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and select the blue Take me to my return button.)
  2. Using the Search feature, enter unemployment compensation and perform the search. Then select the Jump to link, which is the first item in the search results.
  3. On the Did you receive unemployment or paid family leave benefits in 2018? screen, answer Yes.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your 1099-G information.