Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tax00

Where can I find the supporting documents: Qualifed dividends and Social Security worksheet?

I already printed but not filed the return.  I ask for all supporting documents but am missing the Qualified Dividends and capital Gain, also the Social Security worksheet.  Where can I find them?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
RayW7
Expert Alumni

Where can I find the supporting documents: Qualifed dividends and Social Security worksheet?

You can access the this information form the forms mode in TurboTax.

To switch to Forms Mode, open your return and click the Forms icon in the upper-right corner of your screen (or choose Forms from the View menu at top).

The 1040 Worksheet will display and all the forms in your return will be listed on the left side. Simply select a form to open it.

To switch back to the interview, click the Step-by-Step icon in the upper right corner, or choose it from the View menu.

Tips

• In Step-by-Step mode, you can view the underlying tax form by clicking Show Relevant Form near the bottom of your screen. Not all screens will have this, only those where the input relates directly to a tax form.
  • It's OK to switch to Forms Mode if you want to look at a form or two, but constantly toggling back and forth between Forms Mode and Step-by-Step has been known to cause problems and data corruption.

Qualified dividends receive special tax treatment. Although the IRS never treats your dividend payments as capital assets, your qualified dividends are taxed at capital gains rates. As a result, you will pay either zero or 15 percent tax on the amount reported in box two—but this depends on what your highest tax bracket is.

• If the highest tax rate your taxable income is subject to is 10 or 15 percent, no tax is due on your qualified dividends.
  • But if your highest rate of tax is 25 percent or more, you will pay a 15 percent tax on your qualified dividends.

Because the most you can be taxed on qualified dividends is 15 percent, you will always pay less tax than on unqualified dividends.

The portion of your benefits subject to taxation varies with income level. You’ll be taxed on:

• up to 50 percent of your benefits if your income is $25,000 to $34,000 for an individual or $32,000 to $44,000 for a married couple filing jointly.
  • up to 85 percent of your benefits if your income is more than $34,000 (individual) or $44,000 (couple). 
tax00

Thank you for the detailed instructions.  Unfortunately, I can neither see the Forms not the View buttons.  I am not sure where I am supposed to be.  I went to the Tools and selected the Federal Tax Summary.  I am using a desktop Mac and the online TurboTax.

Does not matter by now.  I printed my return and found both documents.

Thanks, again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies