Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Wher is my second economic stimulus payment

I am not sure what happened.  TurboTax does not decide the total amount you are entitled to or receive.  It came directly from the IRS, not TurboTax.  If you believe you qualify and have received the total less than the full amount, you may claim a Recovery Rebate credit on your 2020 tax return.  I am attaching the following link for your reference:

What is Recovery Rebate Credit

@xis4mia1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Raquel85
Returning Member

My friend got a email from turbotax this morning saying that he’ll receive his stimulus, but i surely didn’t get one. Unreal! 

AmyC
Expert Alumni

If you paid for your tax preparation when you did your taxes, the stimulus will deposit or mail the same as your refund -straight from the IRS. You are not involved with the email and should have received your payment.

If you had your tax preparation fees taken out of your refund, then you opted to have SBTPG as an intermediary. The bank, SBTPG, charged you an additional fee to take out TurboTax fees, receive your refund, and deposit it into your account or give you a debit card. Things should now be resolved.

We are happy to share that stimulus payments began to be deposited starting January 8th and will continue through January 15.  Your payment will be deposited into the same bank account that you received your 2019 tax refund.

Please see: Is My Second Stimulus Check on the way? and the IRS stimulus website.

If for some reason you do not receive your stimulus, you can have it added to your refund. The IRS does not begin accepting returns until January 25 so all stimulus should have been received by then.

Please wait until you are certain there is no second payment, then you can follow these steps, if necessary.

After you have entered your tax information and are ready for the Federal Review, stimulus will be the first question.

If you are trying to trigger it: 

1. go to Other Situations
  2. click Done. 
  3. The next question will ask about payments received.

The program will determine the missing amount and add it to your refund.

@Raquel85

baiershane
Returning Member

Why hasnt my stimulus shown up in my account yet I received a email telling me it was on the way I'm getting a little worried about it 

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

On Friday we had the following announcement:  

We are happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited on January 8th for millions of our customers affected by the IRS error.  We expect most of these payments to be available that day, but banks could take a few business days to process. Payment will be deposited into the same bank account that customers received their 2019 tax refund.

Customers receiving a stimulus payment will receive an email from TurboTax letting them know their stimulus payment is on the way.We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get stimulus payments to our customers.  We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay.

Please note the following page for additional information:  Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

Given that it may take a couple of business days to reflect in the account, you may not yet see it reflected in yours.  The same is true with the IRS website:  it may take a day or two to reflect this change.  But it is being processed and should be there soon.  

We do appreciate that many of our customers depend on having these funds available, and we are working diligently to make this happen.

Correction now my wife has received hers we were separate but same bank account but I have yet to receive mine, no surprise.

micheal3994
Returning Member

How can I update my card information when I don't have a TurboTax card so I can get my stimulus 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

This link provides the most up to date information available from the IRS:  IRS Update

If you have a Turbo Card, this link will be helpful to you:  Turbo Card

This link will tell you more about the Recovery Rebate Credit:  Recovery Rebate Credit.

Britto04
Returning Member

The bank account I used last year is closed... The IRS website STILL says my status is not available. I live paycheck to paycheck with a dependent... I need to know if I'm getting this money soon or do I have to wait to claim it with my taxes? It's very frustrating when you have no clue what's going on and everytime you check the mailbox it's empty... Please someone give me an answer.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

This link provides the most up to date information available from the IRS:  IRS Update

If you have a Turbo Card, this link will be helpful to you:  Turbo Card

This link will tell you more about the Recovery Rebate Credit:  Recovery Rebate Credit.

Don’t bother final day and no stimulus lost about 6 other customers I do taxes for don’t contact me  our business is permanently concluded thanks for being nothing but a headache for ten years! 

I would rather your company do their job and send me and everyone their money now like the rest of America, terrible company practice and execution. No more turbo tax for me

And that’s a load of corporate BS. Sure pass the buck when nobody else has had issues, unreal.

Raquel85
Returning Member

Exactly! I filled my 2019 taxes & received my first stimulus no problem all same info nothing as changed.... due to the pandemic i didnt have a job..so theres no way i can claim it , i cant file my taxes, so it doesn’t look like were going to receive our second stimulus payment which is extremely unfair makes no sense! 

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Check the IRS Get My Payment tool. The tool should tell you where your stimulus payment was deposited or mailed. For more information on the statuso f your stimulus payment you may wish to call the IRS.  To contact the IRS, please review the steps and information below:

IRS Support Number: (800) 829-1040

To reach a live agent at the IRS support number, follow these steps:

1.      Select your preferred language.

2.      Press 2 for “Personal Income Tax”

3.      Press 1 for “Form, Tax History, or Payment”

4.      Press 3 for “All Other Questions”

5.      Press 2 for “All Other Questions”

6.      Do not enter your SSN or EIN. It will ask you twice; do not enter anything.

7.      Press 2 for “Personal or Individual Tax Questions”

They are available Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

Even if you wouldn't normally file a return, if you do not receive the second stimulus payment, you can prepare a 2020 tax return for stimulus payments you qualify for, but have not received. 

To do this in TurboTax, please follow these steps:

1. Go to Turbotax.com and select the Free version of TurboTax.
  2. Enter your personal information in your return.
  3. Click Federal Review at the top of your screen. 
  4. On the screen, Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue.
  5. You will be asked about the amounts of first round and second round stimulus payments you received
  6. TurboTax will then calculate the amount of stimulus payment remaining that you are still entitled to.  This will show as a credit on line 30 of the 1040.

Since you have no taxable income in the return, you will have to print it and mail it in.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies