Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: When will the energy-efficient vehicle section be available on TurboTax?

FYI ... even my professional program has a short list of items still not approved by the IRS.  Patience is needed by all parties.

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: When will the energy-efficient vehicle section be available on TurboTax?

For current information on forms availability, including the forms for energy-efficient vehicles, please click on this link:  Federal forms availability

Pretty sad that form 8936 seems to be available for both Mac and Windows on HR Block already :(  What's up with that??  Perhaps we should be using their program instead.  (And even more funny that I am unable to post the link on HR Block site, or a screen shot to show it...Google it, you'll see it available.)

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

We are expecting that Form 8936 will be available tomorrow but that is, of course, subject to change.

Every new or updated tax form must pass several checkpoints before we can call it "final" in TurboTax. Here's how it works:

1. The government must approve the form to make sure it follows the tax law.
  2. The government then has to approve the tax software-specific version of that form.
  3. We then rigorously test the form in the software to ensure it's accurate.
  4. The government gives our form their final stamp of approval.
  5. We can then include it in the TurboTax program.

We appreciate the diligence of the TurboTax team, I'd rather have something take a few more days and be thoroughly tested. Spoken by an IT guy 😉

dougbca

I clicked on the link. Form 8936 is not listed on the page that results.

Form 8936 previously said it would be available February 12. But now, on February 12, the reference for that form is removed.

Can you please tell us when Form 8936 will be available.

Same boat. I've been waiting patiently. Now, not only is the form still unavailable, but it's disappeared from the availability information page. Please update transparently.

Ss16
Level 1

I am truly disappointed with Turbo Tax! How can such a reputable company fall so short in having form 8936 available for their clients? Unacceptable!!

If Intuit doesn't have this form available today, I am filing with HR Block who has it available. Quite a shame because I have filed with Turbotax since 2005.

I’m with you, I’m about to jump to HR Block

chefwear

Make that 3. Been a customer for 14 years, too. Bye TurboTax! 

I’m gonna try download h and r block since everyone saying they are available,,,I’ve waited and waited and now it doesn’t even say “when”...can’t believe one service is available and one isn’t,,,and no turbo tax agent is explaining why!!! This was going to be my first tax filing with turbo tax and very disappointed,,,

Now form 8936 is not listed on that link you provided..... 

daoling1
Returning Member

today is 2/12/2020, the form 8936 is still not available.

Could you tell me when it will be available.

This, frankly, unresponsive and condescending.  Please define, in light of earlier posts, what "a few days" is.

C'mon already.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies