Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will the 2021 8915-f form be available on Turbo Tax to efile?

Then why are you so triggered by people posting information that may help others who don’t want to, or can’t afford to, wait to file?  Now I understand part of the defensiveness - you’ve already sunk money into TurboTax up front, so you don’t want to switch. That’s simply not the case for anyone using the web version where you don’t pay until the very end at filing.

But accusing/attacking users as trolls is ridiculous and unnecessary. It would take anyone who wanted to look into it less than 2 minutes to determine that the service people have mentioned is legitimate. The idea that they are paying a handful of people to post on an obscure TT message board is comical.

People were posting their experiences and information that may be helpful to others; that seems “normal” to me. Getting so upset about it, on the other hand…….

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll tell you why.

I take offense to trolls and shills posting borderline false information in order to drive people to the competition.  It is not appropriate to come to a competitors website and use their resources to steal business.  It is slimy business practice.

Also, it raises the anxiety level of the cohort here.  Most people probably wouldn't be THAT worried about it, except the trolls are here multiple times a day lying and fanning the flames.  They are redefining expectations for to borderline unreasonable levels to suit their business ends. 

They are not helping the Intuit community, they are harming it.

That's why.

OMG this contention that people are trolling for another company is straight nuts. I’m sorry you have to believe that in order to feel secure in your decisions.  Just read through the posts. These were all long-time TT customers who were reluctant to switch, myself included.

at the end of the day rational minds decided that the benefits of switching (faster, cheaper service) outweigh the transaction costs of switching services. It’s called the free market, buddy, that’s how it works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

They are not helping the Intuit community, they are harming it.  If you don't like this product, then the right thing to do would be to leave this forum, never to return.  Instead you come here and stir up trouble.

I don't need you to let me know about other options on the official Intuit support forum.  Most everyone here knows there are other options.  When and if the time comes for me to switch to another service, I will.

You are a negative influence here in the context of Intuit users getting support for their issues.

Your advice of "this software is not good, go to Free Tax Pays Trolls .com instead"  does NOT help the Intuit community.  This forum is to help the Intuit community.

Maybe this software is bad or good, but it's MY bad or good.

For whatever reason you have chosen to use the resources of a company to drive business away from that same company.  I look at that as a kind of character flaw on your part. 

So I talked yesterday to a CPA at TT and it does suck he had no idea about the form, he saw that it has been released but no indication that before 3/31 it will be fixed I hate that so his best advice was if much-needed file and take the penalty which you will owe IRS money or just wait it can be 3/31 or it could be sooner.

I can’t speak to about trolling for other companies .

I can say that I have been following this like a hawk waiting for Tt to get this done so I can file my taxes. I’m sure most people are in the same position. Cares withdrawal was very popular and it’s holding everyone up. I’ve already invested my time and money into tt but if I have to change I will. One thing this does is next year I am going to evaluate another product rather than just buy tt as normal. I’m not happy about this 

@Jsspam I agree I think most people hate to have to even think about switching companies, me included. But at a certain point it’s frustrating to know that some other companies are getting theirs out (supposedly based on other comments) way before TT. I don’t want to leave as I have been here for years however I am definitely look at options.

The biggest complaint I have is why didn’t the IRS plan for this last year? clearly they offered this option you think they would have figured out part A and Part B right away. It’s just frustrating because everyone wants their money right away but we are stuck with only limited time and if we can’t buy that time then we get penalized more! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KH0981  - FUD - file an extension.

You don’t speak for everyone on this forum in the “Intuit community.” I was fully planning to use TT again, but I was thankful that someone did come back and shared a solution to the common problem that we have/had.

Your flaws have been on full display - hurling insults, name-calling, and baselessly calling people liars is not a good look.

I’m not promoting another company at all, but am revisiting this back-and-forth because you don’t need to have the last word. Your posts are both rude and incorrect.

It’s still pretty funny to see how personally you take everyone’s  completely valid frustration and criticism of YOUR beloved Intuit. 

I also read that TT is opting out of the freefile beginning March 31st (google it). Is this why we have to wait, so that we can no longer file for free?  

Turbo Tax. I don't want to assume the worst about. So please just respond to this and let us know what is going on?? Too many families cannot wait an extra 6 weeks for their return. Can you please just let us know if 8915-f will be earlier or not? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Charliesal7 

FUD - did you forget you posted this word for word once already in another thread?  Troll.

Chris1976

I looked at FreeTaxUSA and I would owe this year....I'm not sure why. I'm spreading my withdrawal over the next three years. My income hasn't changed much from last year to this year. I got a refund last year, however, this year, I owe....A LOT. I may wait until TaxAct or H&R Block release the 8915-F form to compare it to FreeTaxUSA. I don't know what to do if I owe this year.... I can't afford it.

@Chris1976 If you elected to pay over three years, you should have paid your first installment last year. If you didn't that could be part of why you owe so much this year. If you do end up owing more than you can afford to pay, you won't be in any trouble or anything, but you will be required to set up a payment plan with the IRS. You can pay the balance off over time (I've been doing it for years!) It's not fun, but it's not the worst either.

kim49

I'm also frustrated with waiting on the form to be available in TT, but, like @Chris1976 , FreeTaxUSA shows me owing more than $11k.  I did pay a 1/3 of it last year, should owe a 1/3 this year...I should not owe that much, I DON'T THINK...at least I HOPE I don't!! I also got refund last year.

I am a troll? not sure what you mean by that. Not advocating for any other service. I want to wait and see what TT will do. Just wanting a response so I can finish my taxes. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies