Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will the 2021 8915-f form be available on Turbo Tax to efile?

I just did my taxes on FreeTaxUSA. They had the 8915F and I was able to efile it today. I am tired of waiting for Turbo tax. doesn't make any sense that others have it. 

Yes, 2021 Form8915-F will be used to make second installment of tax liability deferred.

Sooo I decided to call H&R Block, cuz I didnt trust FreeTaxUSA cuz all the spam advertising that was happening here.  When a spoke to the lady on the phone shes like let me check the form list. She confirmed she didnt see it but to go ahead and do my taxes online still.  When I get to the part asking if I wanted a professional tax expert to go over my taxes say YES....and by the way its gonna cost extra and the professional will be able to file the form 8915F for you.....I was like....ok that sounds fishy.  So I went around calling the actual stores and so far none of them know anything about form 8915F.  So I'm confused, upset and mad about the entire issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, we will need to switch. turbo tax expert just told me form not available until 3/31/22. But financial aid decisions are due by 3/15. 

What do you mean about having paid? You don’t pay on the web/mobile version until the very end on TurboTax. You go through the whole process and can see your estimated refund as you go, then you pay and file. No wonder you’re so angry if you already paid!!

Same boat! Mad as hell! Exploring other options.

Anonymous
Not applicable

new shill/troll for Free Taxes Pay Shills .com

First off the "TurboTax Expert "didn't say that, they referred this troll to their standard web page that lists the released date for almost ALL pending forms as 03/31/2022 ,  there are probably 50 to 100 other ones that are not ready.  Why? IRS dragging feet to see what was going to happen to Build Back Better. 

If you want to blame the politics of this on Intuit, you are misguided.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm angry?  LOL. No I have until Oct 15th if I'm not mistaken. 

I think its good software, this is exactly what happened last year, I don't care.  I don't get my investment K-1s on my motel LLPs until 15 March anyway.

Ok, so why do others have it on their software.  If ignorant on all this.  And this form relates way back to 2016 that exceeds the 3 years.  I too gave already paid 20% when we withdrew after Harvey flood.  Yet we were waiting until I deleted the form a,d will amend if necessary.  But I’ll be on top of this.  If other software companies have it why not TT.  A,d we e been with TT as far back as 1998 when we used cd’s.  

The IRS website no longer shows Form 8915-F as pending for approval. The form appears to be approved and is now the forever form to be used for years beginning 2021 and going forward. The IRS has an approved fillable PDF form available.

How long will it take for TurboTax to update the online program? Will it still be mid-March?

Impatiently waiting. 

Sorry msromike. You are misguided and uninformed! 8915-F has been finalized by the IRS. TT dragging their feet on providing the form to paying customers for e-file. No politics involved at all. Build back better??? LOL! you are something else. Please stop defending TT when there is simply no defense for not providing this form to customers in a timely manner. Know of what you speak, big guy!

Passive? Yes! LOL The software is still incomplete! People are actually trying to e-file their taxes in a timely manner! We get it, you like the incomplete software and are passive enough to stay silent and wait. Good for you! You stayed silent last year as well, I'm sure. You have the right to passively accept, while I reserve my right to actively demand a complete product from TT. Have fun with the motel, Monopoly msromike!

I read an article in USAToday that TT will no longer offer free E file.  This is what it said. "Tax filers using TurboTax Live Basic to file a simple return would pay nothing if they filed through March 31."  March 31.... Isnt that the date when they said the form would be ready??  Is it me, or I am reading it wrong? Does it seem like they are holding it that long to let the free file expire? I might be reading it wrong.

@usako01284 

That would be absolutely crap if that was the case. If this is true I will absolutely be leaving for another company. I’ve used TT since 2012 always end up paying (which whatever I would have to pay at a lot of places) but if they are doing that to save a few bucks is absolutely sickening…. Personally taxes should never have been this difficult they just make it more and more difficult to screw people out of more money. 

cmon turbo tax get your act together. This could have been developed while in draft form and tested & finalized as soon as the final form hit. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies