Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will Form 8915-E be available? TurboTax indicates "IRS instructions related to disaster distributions weren't ready in time for this release." It's been weeks now.

My state is NY, I’ve heard issues with Michigan as well. 

I was instructed to clear cache and try again but this did not work. I cleared cache and memory and resubmitted my 1099-R but the issue persists. 

maiya002

When will Form 8915-E be available? TurboTax indicates "IRS instructions related to disaster distributions weren't ready in time for this release." It's been weeks now.

Hello

I filed my taxes and was charged a fee for Early withdrawal from my 401k but was advised that  I would not be charged a early fee due to the cares act that i qualify for .  This form was not avail when i completed my Taxes. I was advised by Valic to do an amendment because i should not have been penalized.  

PA1989
Returning Member

I will circle back after I try to file state...  Did the system actually take you to a 8915 form that you had to fill out ?

@ajd878787

@Irene2805 

i was informed by turbo tax this morning that the 8915-E hasn’t been released yet that’s why everyone is having issues completing their state filing.  It  lets you get through the federal portion with filing you 1099-R but transfers info to the state and that’s where it ends.  

No not a real form. Once you input your 1099-R information it will trigger a few questions to see if it is COVID related. 

the math at first glance seems to work correctly. 

Once you wrap up the state taxes, it will do its “complete check” and spit out a worksheet error. Ironically it will charge you Turbo Tax fees before, but will not let your e-file due to worksheet error. 

PA1989
Returning Member

understood.  hopefully they fix the state item ASAP.

That says a lot. Adding to the confusion is the peddling of dates like 24, 25, 26. Then, not providing a solution that works.  

Mind blown. 

Places like FreeTaxUSA and TaxAct have had these forms up and running for weeks now.

There seems to be no coordination, sadly. I’ve gotten 3-4 different responses with different solutions that do not work to-date.  

This is a mess at the moment

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChicagoMade @ajd878787  I’m one the phone with tech support and they have no idea either.  Had me clear my cache and cookies etc, still having the same issue with state filing.

PA1989
Returning Member

agreed, when I do a complete check it is taking me back to my w2 and asking me to re enter many fields.

TT,     please fix !!!

The one thing I have not tried is deleting my whole return and starting from absolute scratch. 

I don’t think it will work and am hesitant to delete my progress. Curious if anyone has done that ? It is odd that some folks seem to be able to file (maybe they are filing just Federal and bypassing the State issue or only certain States are impacted by the 8915-E worksheet error like Hawaï, New York, Michigan, etc.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChicagoMade @ajd878787   So I was put into their investigation and was told there are "several" people have this issue and not just me.  Was told to try filing again in 24-48 hrs.

Once again this sounds incredibly promising...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ajd878787 agreed.  Ive already paid for my filing so all I can do is wait..... deleting your whole return and starting over will not help as I have done that and still getting the error during state filing. 

@ajd878787 I'll give it a shot I'm waiting anyway.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies