Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will form 8915-E be available? I would like to file.

Updates are usually late afternoon night.  Several Forms are scheduled for the 3.4 update.   Check tomorrow.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

It’s time to search for a new company to do my taxes.

That’s for sure.

All, state filing now works for all states (definitely MI and NY) online and on desktop. 

The forms for Hawaii has still not been updated.  Anyone have any intel on when it will be updated?

First, check how much tax your states charge in taxes.  I paid 20% but I’m actually getting a large amount back so I overpaid and PA does have state taxes so I do have to pay that because I  only took federal taxes out.  

Second, it looked super confusing to me and also many tax preparers I spoke to.  It wasn’t  until a CPA helped me that she explained things. Although it said about paying 1/3 a year for 3 years, it didn’t mean I had to.  That is just how they explain it to people that didn’t pay. It did take an hour on the phone with a CPA to figure it out.  Hope I explained that in a way you can sort of understand. Lol

Some were telling me that also but the CPA helped me do it all e-file.  

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@redskin13808 You can check the status of the forms for your state by clicking here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

THIS FORM IS STILL NOT AVAILABLE....WHEN WILL IT BE READY??? 

E7EE58F4-2D0B-4C03-A44B-7A1241DF6640.png

Per the IRS, this form needs to be filled out, signed, and saved as a PDF and attached to your return to e-file or be mailed to the IRS using the same address that you would mail in your return were you mailing it in

IRS 8915-E Instructions   -  page 1 - "When and Where to File" section...

From my research, I am not seeing anywhere otherwise - again - per IRS specific instructions.   

IRS - 8915-E Form and Instructions  this link includes the Form itself for you.

Clearly, and unfortunately, the IRS is not making this easy to "do". I hope this somewhat helps.

If you are talking broadly about 8915-E I don’t think that is accurate. NY HI MI had issues for weeks but it has now been resolved. 

On the other hand, you may be seeing a new issue, I’m not sure. 

Did you file federal first as the state was being worked out? I am not having an error filing my state bc it’s telling me I need to file federal which I did a few weeks ago. 

I did not. I waited to do both. I suspect there is a way to prompt a submission for state that will detect your federal submission you already have done. I have unfortunately not gone through those steps. 

Got it. Thanks! Your patience paid off. I will keep trying to print the state or at least wait for another update or call turbo tax in the AM. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies