Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will form 8915-E be available? I would like to file.

It's still not working. I need the exact clickety click to enter in the questions  so that the 1099R already reported to the IRS is zeroed out on the 8915-E line 18 because I repaid the distribution in time. Nothing I try is working. Line 18 on the 8915-E MUST equal the distribution repaid, and the IRA income on the 1040 MUST equal zero to make this work.  Please respond with exact clickety click to enter in the questions  so that the 1099R already reported to the IRS is zeroed out on the 8915-E line 18

Michigan Still isn't Recognizing 8915-E with efile....when is this fix going to be applied?

tax.jpg

@kivro wrote:

It's still not working. I need the exact clickety click to enter in the questions  so that the 1099R already reported to the IRS is zeroed out on the 8915-E line 18 because I repaid the distribution in time. Nothing I try is working. Line 18 on the 8915-E MUST equal the distribution repaid, and the IRA income on the 1040 MUST equal zero to make this work.  Please respond with exact clickety click to enter in the questions  so that the 1099R already reported to the IRS is zeroed out on the 8915-E line 18

Again,  A RMD rollover does NOT go on a 8915-E form at all.   You do not say that it was COVID related because there was not 2020 RMD so to was not actually a RMD at all.

A rollover is NOT a "repayment" that goes on 8915-E line 18.

Answer the RMD questing that it was NOT a RMD and then say it was all rolled over.  The 8915-E form is not involved.

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 8.27.52 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-03-06 at 8.28.52 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-03-06 at 8.28.52 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-03-06 at 8.29.14 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-03-06 at 8.30.05 AM.jpg

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I see it is there but only if you choose it was a Covid-19 related and not choose it was a qualified disaster. 

The federal is complete and you can file the federal...just revisit the 401k part and answer the questions. As for the state they still haven't fixed that for Michigan...

My Covid distribution from my 401k was for $20,000. How do I know that TurboTax is only claiming 1/3 of it for this year? Based on my return I feel like all $20,000 is being claimed this year. 

@rashad530 wrote:

My Covid distribution from my 401k was for $20,000. How do I know that TurboTax is only claiming 1/3 of it for this year? Based on my return I feel like all $20,000 is being claimed this year. 

Look at the 1040 form line 5b.

For the calculations look at the 8915-E form.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Same thing here!!!  What did you find out?   The form has been available but I’m having the same issue and when I call for live help, they tell me that portion isn’t adjusted yet on their software.  

Federal is complete. 

States MI, NY and HI are being worked on.

Can you confirm that NJ is being updated? It still doesn't reflect the partial payback that I made of my COVID IRA withdrawal. As posted earlier in this thread, I withdrew $30,000, then paid back $10,000. Federal updated properly, but NJ still shows $30,000. Thanks.

Are you selecting that it was a qualified disaster? That will not work so you have to choose it was related to Covid-19. I know it sounds the same but you have to choose the one that says Covid-19. 

I definitely did select COVID. I played around with different amounts of money to payback to see how it would reflect my refund amounts, and each time, it never subsequently reflected on the NJ state form. I can see on the NJ 1040 where it would be, but I don't want to manually override any boxes myself.

I wish I could help further but I don't know how to deal with the state side of this. One good thing about Texas is no state income tax to file.

This was a question I had too! I changed it though and if I chose it to all be taxes this year I got nothing back actually had to pay in when I changed it to the regular (3 years) it changed and I got a refund. 

The question I had was I chose to have taxes taken out when I withdrew the money so in my head I don’t see how I still owe taxes. I’m in Texas too so only federal and no state. But I did move in august to Iowa where there is state Income tax so I’m thinking it’s maybe trying to take those Iowa state taxes out that I hadn’t paid yet? If we chose to have taxes taken out at time of withdrawal how would we owe more for taxes? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies