Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will form 8582 be ready?

I’m filing a Maryland return that does require form 8582 and this is my question: some of the data appears to have migrated from the Federal 8582 to the Maryland state form while other, seemingly basic information (activity, amounts and more) has been left blank. There isn’t enough information available without reading for hours that identifies the missing data. I’ve tried to enter the common sense (easily identifiable) data myself and it won’t accept it. In my very humble opinion, it seems more likely that TT has a serious coding problem that’s preventing the data carry over. If the Fed accepts the 8582 that’s a part of the TT federal return, which tells me that the form is correct, it makes zero sense to blame the problem on a form that shows on TT’s site as available. Available means working doesn’t it? 

Intuit should issue refunds to all who have had delays because of this mess. I keep waiting on someone to initiate a class action suit and in our law suit happy society, you can believe that someone is looking into it. Let’s hope that TT has this problem completely resolved by the weekend as they’ve committed or the posts you’ve seen with a minimum of anger displayed will go ballistic. Upper management needs to be held accountable for releasing this mess.

So as previously stated…. And perhaps my comment has been erased/deleted….I became super frustrated and jumped ship. I went to TaxAct who answered all my questions and did not give me the run around or vague answers. The first time it was submitted both returns were accepted immediately and my first refund from the Feds should be in my account this Friday according to IRS.gov refund site. I have also requested a refund from Turbo for their product but not surprisingly…. nothing but crickets. 

Tried to file Fed and VA state taxes on 02/14 using online TurboTax Premier.  Form 8582 not ready.  Signed up for email notification.  Notified on 02/17 about availability of Form 8582 for Virginia.  Tried to file on 02/17.  Same error message saying form not ready.  Talked to TT rep on phone.  Was informed that they didn't know why I was still getting that message and told me to try again fresh the next day in a new browser session.  Attempted unsuccessfully again on 02/18.  Same error message.  Still waiting on Form 8582 for Virginia as of 02/21.   Very frustrating.  No one at TT knows what's going on.

Token #931993 VA State taxes with passive losses

Hello ThereaM

I'm receiving the same error message for Indiana. I'm using a purchased TT Home & Business version, Mac.  See screenshot. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 3.41.07 PM.png

TCWK

Token # 932075

TT says Virginia Form 8582 is not ready, but I received an email that is ready.  Can't file federal or any state returns because of this glitch in the software.  Of note, when I was going through the interview in TT pertaining to Form 8582 for the Federal, the software got into an infinite loop and kept asking me the same questions over and over again.  I had to manually bypass it in the checklist.  Hoping you can fix very quickly.

Dlp8219
Returning Member

Yes still waiting for this to be resolved having questions where to file next year

JimS007

I got an email last week that said the form was ready. I am trying to file a VA state return. I updated turbo tax deluxe with VA state today, but I am still getting the same error message.

Unfortunately I had to file by mail.

Has this issue been resolved?  A worksheet associated with Form 8582 is still not available. As a result, I cannot e-file my Maryland taxes

I just e-filed my federal and will do Maryland later. Very disappointed with TurboTax!!

I am just another person with the same problem with the Maryland form 852.

Looks like it is also happening with the Maryland K-1 Worksheet along with the 852

I really do not want to print all of this and mail it, if I was going to do that I would have done it without turbo tax.   

Can someone from TurboTax confirm this will be fixed on 2/24 as a bunch of people have commented?

Will this be fixed on 2/24 as lots of people have commented?   As you can see there are 18 pages of people posting this same question.

hsthoma1
Returning Member

I am in Virginia and have this issue.  If you go to the IRS website, the form is there.  Why hasn't Turbotax updated the software?

To clarify; one customer rep told me 2/24 was the resolution date for the 8582 error. TT has not to my reading of the forums or website stated this in writing. It remains to be seen that there will be such resolution on 2/24. The solution to file federal separately and hold the MD return as it is apparently not due until July was posted on this thread, but that “solution” isn’t very satisfying for at least the reason that one’s state refund will be held up. As noted in this thread 18 pages of comments and counting. I actually had never posted in this forum until this issue; now I am in it daily!

I have been waiting over 4 weeks and still cannot submit my forms .

When will this be corrected. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies