Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

zookeper

When I enter my 1099k deduction for state taxes that ebay collected but is in my gross what do I call it?

Like if I deduct shipping I call it shipping cost,  just not sure how to accurately call the buyers taxes collected but are included in my gross. Ty
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

When I enter my 1099k deduction for state taxes that ebay collected but is in my gross what do I call it?

Yes, Line 23 of Schedule C is where it goes.   But don't enter it on the same screen as the 1099-K.   In TurboTax Online, select Add Expenses for this work and choose the Taxes and Licences category.    So, you are entering like any other business deduction.    TurboTax will put it on LIne 23 of your Schedule C automatically.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

The state sales taxes collected by Ebay and paid on your behalf can be deducted as a business expense under Taxes and Licenses.

zookeper

So I put that in line 23? Another turbo pro told me to just enter it as a deduction as any other. Now I am confused.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, Line 23 of Schedule C is where it goes.   But don't enter it on the same screen as the 1099-K.   In TurboTax Online, select Add Expenses for this work and choose the Taxes and Licences category.    So, you are entering like any other business deduction.    TurboTax will put it on LIne 23 of your Schedule C automatically.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies