Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When attempting to link to Wealthfront, it says I have the wrong password or there are typos. I've verified that my user and pw are correct and still doesn't work.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

When attempting to link to Wealthfront, it says I have the wrong password or there are typos. I've verified that my user and pw are correct and still doesn't work.

You may have to enable third party access through your Wealthfront account. If this doesn't work please reach out to us with more details so we can better assist you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I was having the same problem but after much aggravation, this finally worked for me.  I kept deleting and recreating new app-specific passwords in Wealthfront until I got one that worked.  Not only is it extremely aggravating that you can't cut and paste but also that you can't see the 32 character password that you are typing.  Although it appears that Turbotax is only letting you type in 28 characters, it is in fact letting you type in 32.  I figured ithis out  when I hit the backspace through the entered password and noticed that it was taking 32 characters even though it appeared to stop after 28.  I really think that the reason this wasn't working is because the initial app-generated passwords I was using  contained characters that were easy to misinterpret (ex. 0 vs O, and uppercase I vs lowercase l) and that I could not see what I was typing so the possibility of typos is high.  

Turbotax needs to enable the copy and paste function or at a minimum let the user see what they are typing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies