turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Osprey

What was included in TurboTax Home & Business Download for Windows 2023

Looking at the web site I am confused if you include tax prep advice during the year for the following year?

I have questions now regarding 2024 taxes.  How do I get help?  Must I pay for 2024 now?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

The 2024 software will not be available until late November/early December.   There is new software for each tax year.  You cannot use 2023 software to prepare a 2024 tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

You can post your questions here now.  There are several of us volunteers answering all year for any year.  This is a public user forum so don’t post any personal info.

dmertz
Level 15

The download version of TurboTax has a What-if Worksheet available in forms mode.  On that you can make entries and mark a checkbox to use 2024 tax tables.

You can also prepare a simulated 2024 tax return with 2023 TurboTax, but you'll need to override various cost-of-living adjusted values to use the 2024 values.  On the What-if Worksheet you can then copy the results from column 1 to column 2 to be able to apply the 2024 tax tables.  This is what I do every year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies