Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tarzan000

What is the 8915A-T form

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

20 Replies
MaryK4
Expert Alumni

What is the 8915A-T form

You use Form 8915-A if you were adversely affected by a 2016 disaster and you received a distribution that qualifies for favorable tax treatment.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
kspence3211
Returning Member

What is the 8915A-T form

We were not affected by any disaster in 2016 so why are we having to wait for forms 8915A-T and 8915A-S?  Can we bypass this?

MayaD
Expert Alumni

What is the 8915A-T form

Taxpayers use Form 8915-A if they were adversely affected by a 2016 disaster and you received a distribution that qualifies for favorable tax treatment.

If that does not apply to you, follow the instructions below to delete the form:

1. Sign in to TurboTax, and select the Take me to my return button.
  2. In the left sidebar, select Tax ToolsTools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, select Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet and follow the onscreen instructions.

markscott

What is the 8915A-T form

I have this issue from my 2019 return.  I deleted the file in the 2019 return but it was filed that way and now turbotax has it in 2020 as a prior year item that will not go away.  How do I fix this?

AmyC
Expert Alumni

What is the 8915A-T form

8915-A is no longer usable, the last year it could be used was 2019. You can delete the form. See How to Delete 

@markscott

What is the 8915A-T form

Our filing is delayed by form 8915A-T 2016. It’s not even listed on the federal irs list.  The last year listed is 2018 so why is the TT software holding us back?

JulieS
Expert Alumni

What is the 8915A-T form

You will need to delete the Form 8915-A that carried forward from last year.

If you are using TurboTax Online:

1. From inside the return, scroll down to Tax Tools on the bottom of the left side menu.
  2. Select Tools.
  3. Click on Delete a form (third on the list at the bottom of the screen).
  4. Find Form 8915-A on the list of forms.
  5. Click Delete to the right.
  6. Confirm your Delete.
  7. Click Continue with my return.

If you are the Desktop version (disc or download):

1. Click Forms toward the upper right corner. 
  2. Find Form 8915-A on the list on the left.
  3. Highlight it, then click Delete in the lower left corner of the reading pane.
  4. Click on Step by Step in the upper right corner to return to the interview.

At this point you should be able to e-file your tax return.

What is the 8915A-T form

The only 8915 form to delete is a 8915B not A cause it's NOT LISTED

MayaD
Expert Alumni

What is the 8915A-T form

Taxpayers use Form 8915-B if they were adversely affected by a 2017 disaster and they received a distribution that qualifies for favorable tax treatment.

The form won't be available until 03/31/20122. If you are required to file form 8915-B, the form must be printed and you'll need to mail your return.

Shockley 10
Returning Member

What is the 8915A-T form

I don't have form 8915a in my tax forms to delete now what

BrandiLO1
Intuit Alumni

What is the 8915A-T form

Are you getting a message that you need to delete form 8915a? Would you mind providing a few more details specifically related to what you need assistance with @Shockley 10 [edited 2/28/2022]

Shockley 10
Returning Member

What is the 8915A-T form

I am trying to complete my taxes have gone backs looked at all my forms that have been filled out   When you get to the end it says firm8915a-t will be ready soon every one says delete it but it’s not in my Forms to delete 

What is the 8915A-T form

@Shockley 10 wrote:

I am trying to complete my taxes have gone backs looked at all my forms that have been filled out   When you get to the end it says firm8915a-t will be ready soon every one says delete it but it’s not in my Forms to delete 

Contact TurboTax support for this problem with the Form 8915-A.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for contacting support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

What is the 8915A-T form

I was not affected by a 2016 disaster and for some reason it generated this form in my 2021 tax return, which is preventing me from e-filing. On the form, it's pulling a number from my 2019 filing. When I check my 2019 filed return, there's not a form 8915-A there. When I go to tools and try to delete the form, it's not listed either, but it's clearly in my 2021 copy of my tax return (which it still won't let me e-file)!!! Can someone find out why this is generated? It has something to do with retirement distribution. I've always answered "no" when asked if I've taken qualified disaster in previous years!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies