Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What is pass-through business alternative Income tax credit? How do I get rid of this?

Prior to this it was a missing form holding me up. I have this error now too. Glad it is system wide and hope we can file soon. Thanks everyone for comments.

What is pass-through business alternative Income tax credit? How do I get rid of this?

Hi everyone, 

I am experiencing the same issue as most of you. I just spoke to two representatives and the 2nd one exclaimed that it is a system error and that they are working on maintenance and expect it to be fixed tomorrow. They said to start checking around 7am (I’m guessing eastern time), however they said it could take up until the 24th to be fixed. Let’s just hope it gets fixed tomorrow morning lol hope this helped. 

True updates are on Thursdays but last weekend 2 program updates were released.  This is an emergency fix that is required.  They neglected to ask that question or their software defaults to a positive number for line 62.  That  is incorrect for 99% of taxpayers in NJ

Hi Barry - how did you make your line 62 0?

All other lines on my NJ1040 are in blue and seem editable ExCEPT for line 62 !!   Currently it's blank, I'd like to make it 0 so I can submit today.

Let me know and thank you!!

In regards to form NJ-1040 line 62 box, right click on the box and click override to edit the box.

I notice if I click on file on top I can actually go through with the e filling up to the point of paying for the Efile, but did not want to send it off until we hear back from TurboTax.

Thank you very much for the info on override!

Although unfortunately I still am getting the Pass-Through error.

I also found something interesting and maybe it's causing the issue...?

If you right click on line 44 on the NJ1040 form (that says "Balance of Tax After Credits") at the bottom of the pop up menu is a selection "About Line 44 - Tax Balance" 

If you go to the next line 45 (Sheltered Workshop Tax Credit) and right click the bottom of the pop up menu says "About Ln 46-Shelter Wrkshop Cr"  (NOT About Line 45...)     

This issue where everything is off a line goes all the way down to Line 64 where all the menu and info line up again.     I'm having issues with Line 62 which is right in the mix of the errors on this form and maybe the reason this is jacked up ?????

Yup

They said it’s an error on the New Jersey program they are working on. Said it is going to take days to fix. I’m asking for a refund after I file New Jersey. 

scottageh

Same issue here!  Hopefully turbo tax comes up with solution soon!

Same issue here. No business or credits. I called customer service and they have no clue about this. After reading the entries here, I told her everyone appears to be having this issue. After 1/2 hour on phone- no resolution. She told me I shouldn’t be using the Home&Business version…which I’ve used for many years. Ugh! 

Gee that's a nice BS answer... How about the check the software before they freakin release it.

Funny that the person I got in “customer service “ had no clue. 

Customer service was clueless! 

I’m having the same issue also and don’t own a business . I’m currently on the phone with an agent right now 30 mins and he’s so confused 

Ironic I was using deluxe and upgraded to home and office foolishly thinking that was what would resolve it so I got nicked for an additional 43 dollars.  Refund request submitted and of course denied

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies