Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

We are sorry, we are having trouble authorizing your credit card. Please verify your billing address, card number, and CVV and try again.

So piss234243 at Tiurbo Tax..  i will not be using them anymore... I cant file.. been trying to for three hours to file and no luck..

We are sorry, we are having trouble authorizing your credit card. Please verify your billing address, card number, and CVV and try again.

That was the charm! Thanks for saving me the time of calling humans who would not have been equipped to help me.

edplute1
Returning Member

I tried to buy Turbotax in Canada and everything worked out. But when using the correct CC information to buy in Turbotax USA, it will report an error. It is really Intuit's fault, not the customer's fault.

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 15.53.17.png

edplute1
Returning Member

up for help... 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@edplute1

This FAQ will provide you the steps to contact an agent to assist you with completing your purchase.

Contact Intuit

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This issue has had for couple years. They never fixed it. I had it last year, spent 3 weeks tried to get it fixed, 4 representatives can not help!!

just dump this software, use HR&block or other software.  Do not waste your time on this issue which we thought might be our fault which is their fault, in fact!!!!!!!!!

edplute1
Returning Member

support and not work. omg intuit

kid_wonder
Returning Member

Still an issue almost a year later

There are at least 5 or 6 posts on this same issue dating as far back as 2019

Apparently there is not fix coming and no way to work around this issue (based on responses) - they continue to post the same 2 "fixes":

1. Check your address

2. Call CS

This is failing for sure in both TT Online and the download TT - I have tried them both

Amazon, my utilities, etc all can charge my card - wtf is wrong with Intuit

When a company you are supposed to have high confidence in can't even process a simple CC payment it is time to re-consider

Ingoditrust22
Returning Member

I have cleared my cash I have made sure it's on Google chrome I have tried three different credit cards spent four hours on the phone with TurboTax customer service still same thing

hamlethh1
Returning Member

Could it be because you have a large refund and the state does not want to give the refund back right away and this way it forces you to file your tax return by mail instead, which would take the state 6 to 8 weeks to process.

hamlethh1
Returning Member

I never had this problem in all the years I had used Turbo Tax.  This year is the first time I have had the problem.  I believe in the past years I had seen the message saying: "We are sorry, we are having trouble authorizing your credit card. Please verify your billing address, card number and CVV and try again." But somehow I had managed to get past it.  But don't recall how I did it. 

However, this year 2020 filing has been a disaster and none of the two customer support reps were able to help resolve the issue.  They even got in my compute remotely to see if they could help.  Nothing, no results.  Its awful.

I finally decided to just go ahead and e-file the Federal return by itself for now, and I am thinking to submit the state by mailing the hard copies.

Please let me know if you were able to crack it. 

mrmsimons

Glenn S

[removed] Master card 

[removed]

[address removed]

@mrmsimons 

This is a public Internet forum.   Do NOT post any personal info in this public forum.   Please remove your info immediately.  To do that, click the tiny 3-dot blue icon just to the right of your posting and click EDIT.  I've also notified a Moderator.

mrmsimons

Glenn  S

[removed]

[removed]

[email address removed] 

Las Cruces N M   88012

[phone number removed] 

@mrmsimons 

Please remove your entire information that you posted in BOTH of your comments.   Do not post any info like that here.   No one can help you with that here.   This is not a direct route to TurboTax Support. This is a public Internet forum, and is picked up by Internet search engines.

To remove it, click the tiny 3-dot blue icon just to the right of each of your comments and then click EDIT.  I'm also notifying a Moderator to make sure it's removed.

Here's how to reach TurboTax Support if you are having a card issue:

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies