turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

updates

I find it very disconcerting after the last notification of updates being discontinued, that Turbo Tax has not reconsidered telling us what has been updated with each update.  Games on my phone tell us what has been updated down to small changes.  How can a tax software company consider not telling its users what has changed.  Even if some of the people don't understand, some of us do and follow the changes very carefully. I've been a Turbo Tax user for years and this does not bode well for their future.

darn.

tsif
Level 2

updates

Not sure if this is being monitored by anyone who really cares, but if they don't start showing what was updated then after about 15 years using their program, I'll go elsewhere. It's too unsettling not knowing what changed, and if the changes may have affected a form I already filed.  How can you keep track of how changes affect your customers when some don't file electronically. 

updates

Some of us relies on what was updated and when.  That is such a great feature. It let us know if the update we are waiting for was actually downloaded. Now we have to go into the program and go through the return just to find out that the update wasn't what we was waiting for!  What a waste of time!  I've  been using this program for 20 years and love that feature.  I'm pretty busy and don't have a lot of time to waste so I'm not so sure about using this program next year.  

updates

I have complained for years about the lack of information for the state updates and now we get NO information.  Next year I will probably try a different tax software.  Intuit doesn't seem to care about the customers.  TurboTax should take an example from Quicken.  They provide full detail on their updates.  TurboTax gets 1 star from this long time user.

LH9
Level 2

updates

I have been a long time TurboTax user and have been very frustrated with the software in general.  Now they don't want to tell us what changes they have made in their updates.  I feel they are relying on the community to answer questions so they don't have to hire more "experts".  Requests for more information seem to keep falling on deaf ears.  I almost switched to a different software this year.   I plan to next year.  

updates

Per discussion with a support agent, today, management made a decision not to provide the details anymore.  The support agent did not know this, and did not know why this was done. It took more than 15 minutes for the agent to find out this decision was made.  INTUIT/TURBOTAX MADE A BAD DECISION.

Intuit (TurboTax) needs to return to the practice of providing details on the updates they make, be it changes to Federal and Sate forms, or the program itself.  WE as the consumer of their product have a right to know what they are so we can assess the impact on us.  Senior management needs to re-establish the practice NOW.  Keeping us in the dark, most likely will result in my not renewing TurboTax for 2020, and I am a long time user -- in excess of 20 years.

updates

While I strongly disagree with the decision to no longer provide details, why does Turbo Tax continue to frustrate and anger users by making you think you can click on a button to be taken to a place where you can get more details?

updates

I keep thinking they fixed their mistaken decision. 

zl-1
Level 1

updates

Your reply doesn't cut it. This approach is an exhibit of poor customer service.  Is it time to start looking for an alternative to TurboTax????

updates

The software is still good.  And I kind of need to have TT in case I need to open old returns.  It is odd that they made the change so you can't see what the updates are yet you can click away trying.  I do understand that they know people are quite upset, and I do not understand why they did this since they need to maintain this information anyway.  So I'm encouraging people to comment on this in the hope that whoever can change this does.

NM1
Level 4

updates

You can still run older editions of TurboTax to open older returns. I haven't tried using, say, TT2018 to open a 2017 return, but it might work. And if not, I still have TT2017 installed. If you used the Web version, your account should still be active and able to access returns you created that way, even if you haven't purchased the latest release of the software.

kwo
Level 1

updates

Is this a joke?  TT tells me there are critical updates, then it gives me a link to a web page that isn't active, then it sends me to the Community web page where TT won't provide any information about the "critical" update, and then the only thing here are users complaining about the lack of information regarding updates - critical or not.

Can a company be this arrogant?  Does TT think this low of it's customers?  Am I just stupid for using their product?  So many questions, and certainly no answers here.

updates

So true.

Come on Intuit, do the right thing!

updates

I agree that Quicken update info is useful and open. And appreciated.

If you want to use an annual subscription model, you have to 'earn' your customer each year as they decide if they want to sign up again. This kind of issue, poor customer support, is a red flag and a strike against picking up this product.

Might be time to further pressure my congressman to support free tax filing.

updates

Agree, It is important to know how the changes will effect the returns.  I have, the last several years, decided to wait till the end of tax season to file due to the changes that occur.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies