Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Update Problem

I've been using TT 2022 for several weeks.  Today the update stalled and failed.  Even the superpatch would not install.  Finally got fed up and UNINSTALLED the program.  Then REINSTALLED it from my original TT email acknowledging my download purchase.  Once reinstalled, the program opened and seems to be working.

I've run into this problem in prior years and would urge TT to fix their updates so they actually install.  It is soooo frustrating trying to get back into the program so you can finish your taxes, only to be stymied by updates that won't install with no workaround.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Update Problem

I will pass this along to the proper team, Thank you for letting us know what happened. 

Please let us know if we can assist you further. @williasp 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Update Problem

Agree Desktop software is unpredictable. I work in IT so I understand the agile process and time to market concerns. Intuit want to sell even if Intuit's software is not 100% ready and they keep on providing updates. Last time I asked TT support, what if I did e-file and then there is an important update which could have impacted my return - there was no answer at all. 

My TT desktop - home and business only worked on brand new computer NOT on the computer which is just 5 years old and have 4 prior versions of TT - all desktop. I wasted so much time in this issue. Even after all the updates - I couldn't use it for 1031 exchange with 2 replacement properties. I had a boot amount and partial exemption. I finally hired a CPA and pay 3X amount for what i already spent on TT - 2022 Home and Business desktop version as entries and return was totally buggy. Overall I had worked with 6 different CPAs in TT and at least 50+ Tax experts who all give different advices. One CPA clearly told "don't use turbo tax for 1031 exchange". I end up filing 3 separate complaints to California attorney General's office. Then TT's office of president got active but issue is still not fixed. Technical and functional issues. TT is okay for basic and simple returns.

Update Problem

Thank you. Many hours wasted before finding your simple solution. I too thought I'd need to find the saved return but there it was upon opening after reinstall.

dmhueber

Update Problem

I would try the following.

1) Make sure windows (assuming it not a mac) updates are all fully installed. 

2) Make sure your computer's time and date are correct. 

3) Go to a browser and make sure you intuit account works (I mean just log in to test your username and password.)

4) Run turbo tax by right clicking it and selecting run as administrator from the popup menu. 

Bob H4

Update Problem

If All else fails, create a tax folder on your desktop and save your federal and state taxes there. Turbotax has already saved the files but this is your insurance backup. After saving the files, uninstall and reinstall Turbotax in case the application is corrupted.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies