Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax will not allow me to efile 2023 forms

Terbotax won’t allow me to efile my 2023 taxes says there is a form not ready yet but I all the forms I file show they are ready. I have been using TurboTax for 12 years and have never had this issue.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Click Review to see if you are missing some forms needed in order to e-file.

Many federal and state forms are not yet available.  Check here for form availability. The dates are subject to change.

Tax form availability tool,

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

If you have a Sch C on the return this is a known issue that will be fixed soon ... be patient and try back every couple of days. 

kurt16

Per the suggestions, I removed Schedule C (which removed associated forms like Self Employment tax) and then my return would efile. I was going to file a future amended return anyway, since my refund is 5 figures, so it's worth it to me to not have to wait for the bug fix. As others have said, it's inexcusable that TurboTax has this bug this late in the process. After many years with paid TurboTax Windows Desktop, I'll be looking for a new product next year.

rponfick

I had the same issue, but for a different reason.  They wanted me to pay $25 for the free state form, and then another $40 for some other "fee".  I have been a user for many years, but not any longer. 

@rponfick You were offered the chance to pay the $25 state e-file fee by having that fee deducted from your federal refund---do NOT do that.    If you choose that option there is a $40 "refund processing fee"  added on.  You need to just pay the state e-file fee BEFORE you file using a credit or debit card.  Or--instead of e-filing the state, save the $25 and mail the state instead of e-filing it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies