Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax for Business: How to import brokerage data

I have a Trust return to complete, so I had to buy TurboTax for Business. However, I do not see a way to import data direct from the Trust's brokerage account. What am I missing? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@lbilling wrote:

...I do not see a way to import data direct from the Trust's brokerage account. What am I missing? 

You are missing nothing. TurboTax Business is not capable of importing data from any source other than QuickBooks.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

@lbilling wrote:

...I do not see a way to import data direct from the Trust's brokerage account. What am I missing? 

You are missing nothing. TurboTax Business is not capable of importing data from any source other than QuickBooks.

This is my first year using TT Business.  What a piece of crap. It cannot import data from a brokerage nor is is easy to enter taxes paid for a 1099-R for a Trust. What junk compared to the personal version.

Agreed -- truly pathetic.  I continue to waste money on this to do 2 trusts -- and each year I think that they would have added this incredibly simple capability -- and each year they do not.  

This may be cold comfort (actually, no comfort at all), but the fact is that sales of desktop units declined (1%) for TurboTax in fiscal 2022 (over 2021) while sales of online units increased 1%.

TurboTax Business almost certainly comprises a small percentage of total desktop units sold and that overall total is only 4.7 million. Even if 20% (and I suspect 20% to be an idiotically high number) of the units were TurboTax Business, that would still be around $150 million in gross revenue, a drop in the bucket for a company with $12-13 billion in revenue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies