turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Business 2020 will not allow me to complete purchase of state purchase

When I go to start completion of State, it takes me to "Let's Complete Your Purchase Online"...ok I select continue and it usually hangs up.  Sometimes I get to the next screen where I select my state for purchase, but then the buttons don't work.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Solved.  Go into Microsoft display settings and reduce the Display Resolution.  You should then have the purchase buttons.  I had this same problem with 2020 Deluxe.   Maybe newer laptops with Windows 10 have this problem.  Turbotax should update their codes...or something.  Make sure to revert your resolution back to original after the purchase is complete. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Solved.  Go into Microsoft display settings and reduce the Display Resolution.  You should then have the purchase buttons.  I had this same problem with 2020 Deluxe.   Maybe newer laptops with Windows 10 have this problem.  Turbotax should update their codes...or something.  Make sure to revert your resolution back to original after the purchase is complete. 

I just spent 4 phone calls with Turbotax totally about 3.5 hours to solve this one! Caller #3, while nice, told me I could not be helped through this and I should just print all the state forms and mail them. But I have a lot of pages! So I took a deep breath and in an hour I called again and got Lakisha, who actually solved it. (THANK YOU LAKISHA!) The issue was that I was charged for the State Module at $45 and given a code, and one needs to pay for state e-file at $25. Lakisha refunded my $45 paid and charged me $25 for e-file, and gave me a new code. FINALLY IT WORKED! 

Also note that I'm using Windows 10 and I did have to go into the Windows search button for "Screen Resolution" and change it to 1440x900 in order to see the e-file order screen. So yes, Turbotax needs to fix this, too....the next screen should just pop up. Once I could SEE this screen and enter into it (because screen resolution will allow it), then you must close and open Turbotax (because input will not go through otherwise), and THEN you can input the serial number (which changes every time you open/close the program). At this point get that screen open where a customer support person can give you the e-file code (assuming you have paid your $25) and FINALLY! with all these steps my taxes went through. Phew! Not kidding, this was the worse ever this year. But if my description can save you a headache I'm glad to have written it up.....good luck!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies