turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax 2022 form 8962 Premium Tax Credit

$17,420 is the correct FPL for 2022. There's always a 1 year lag

https://obamacarefacts.com/federal-poverty-levels-for-aca-coverage/#:~:text=The%20federal%20poverty%....

Actually the latest Premium Tax Credit update was changed to January 12, not the 19th, and it no longer has the "do not file" stamp on it.  Prior to that date it did have the do not file stamp. Looking at Turbo Tax's list of form updates https://care- 1cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.ht... it shows it as current.

I too am having the same problem of the 1095-A not transfering other than the last column.  It appears they have not updated the program for the extension of the premium tax for those over the original 400%.  Full disclosure,  I am a former tax lead for Intuit.  Hopefully, with enough of us responding they will look at it again.  It does work fine if you are under the 400%.

Thanks @Polkadot1  and @mctaxpayer  ! 
There' sure is a lot of confusing info out there  on this.
That last link from  @mctaxpayer  is a good one.  I'm deleting any post I made questioning this.

Thanks again for the quick replies.

Funny thing ... I was playing with my professional program and it too  has the repayment still on the 8962 ... talked to tech support and referenced the IRS instructions and they will be getting back with me soon ... will let you know what they find out. 

Thanks for the full disclosure of having been a Tax Lead with Intuit. However that said, I find your use of the word "hopefully" somewhat disarming. I do understand the call for patience by some. But I don't understand TT not broadcasting that (at least) there may be a problem with their handling of Form 8962. Because unless they do,  people not participating in this thread may be filing erroneous Tax Returns. I suppose the IRS could possibly catch erroneous Tax Returns but I didn't purchase TT with that possibility in mind.

Should have said hopefully soon, left off the soon!  What they need to do is update the program to a do not file warning on the 8962, which will prevent it from being filed.

We always aim to deliver a great experience and are gutted when we don’t meet expectations. Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We have been working diligently to correct this concern if you are still seeing this issue. We would like to investigate further.

If you’re willing, We would like to ask if you could provide a Diagnostic File of your return. This copy will be purged of all personally identifiable information. If you are willing, please follow the instructions below to get us the necessary information.
 TurboTax Online
  1.  Sign-in to your online account. ​
  2. Click on “Tax Tools” to the left-hand side of the screen. ​
  3. A drop-down will appear. Click on “Share My File With Agent”. ​
  4. This will generate a message that a diagnostic copy will be created. Click “OK”. The tax file will then be sanitized and sent to us. This action will generate a Token Number 
  5. Please respond directly to this message and provide the Token Number that was generated. 
TurboTax Desktop
  1. Open your return. ​
  2. Click “Online” and select "Send Tax File to Agent". ​
  3. This will generate a message that a diagnostic copy will be created. Click “OK”. The tax file will then be sanitized and sent to us. This action will generate a Token Number 
  4. Please respond directly to this message and provide the Token Number that was generated. 

Thank you,

Debra_S

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I got this same message over a week ago and did as they asked.  Never heard a word back from them.  Waste of time.

token number 1050224

token 1050204

My token number is 1050221.  

pb-azp1
Returning Member

Please add the "Do not File" warning to the 1/12/23 version of form 8962 until it is corrected.  This form is not following IRS eligibility rules for 2022 which removed the 400% cliff.

@Debra_S 

I sent my file twice over the past few days. The token ID were 1049497 and 1050041. Thanks for helping to take care of this issue. 

kmgm
Level 3

I am unsure about sending a copy of my file albeit just a token number in this forum.  I have the same issue - not working for the 2022 tax year over 400%.  If you do need another sample other than those already submitted, is there a way to reach me directly?  I had a case on a call on this topic if that would help find me should you need another example - Case# = one-five-zero-nine-seven-one-two-zero-zero-five (won't let me put the numbers - keeps taking it out as a phone number)

WHEN YOU SEND YOUR RETURN IT IS SCRUBBEDOF ALL PII ... DON'T BE AFRAID OF POSTING A TOKEN NUMBER HERE ... ONLY TT SUPPORT CAN ACCESS IT.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies