Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax 2021 Stuck in a loop at investment income

Have you tried clearing your cache and refreshing? This may help. Assistance with doing so has been provided by clicking here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Awesome Brad. You must have some pull to get to the head guys office. I hope it does some good.

Still no resolution on this issue. Very bad P.R. for Intuit.

Does TurboTax use a web browser or its own user interface? I don't think Turbotax program sit/hosted on a web browser, so there is no need to clear a browser's cache. BTW, I use incognito/private mode, so the cache & history are automatically cleared upon closing the window.

It did not fix me.  I deleted my cached data for files and images.   I even exited Turbo Tax and came back up and I am still stuck in the loop.

Did you choose the option of allowing TT to guide you through entering everything?

I have been on with Customer Support for over an hour and they have connected to my computer and I have walked through it.   They said no one has reported this issue yet even though this thread has a link from someone at Turbo Tax that is over three weeks old.  They said they have opened a new case and have escalated it.

Tduser57

I too am having the same issue. Please provide a fix asap.

I received an update when I opened TT today, now using Version ending with .478.

(Can't post the actual version# - forum software removes it, seeing it as a phone number.)

No longer looping in the Investment Income section.

👍

Hello,

Thank you for your support and much appreciated. I did update this morning for my TurboTax Premier 2021 and after the updates the program and the states and now it is working fine and No stuck in a loop at investment income and it is working good and good to go. Thanks again. On 02.24.2022.

richardlhartman
Returning Member

Having the same problem March 22, weeks after the sttement that it would be fixed in 7 days. 

It ended up working for me after a update a while ago, I think after the 15th

Is there some detail I don't see in the previous comment that makes you think the guy is using the online version?? Almost every "solution" or "answer" I see on this site encourages the person to "clear your browser cookies", "close your browser", "use Edge", "use Chrome", etc ... One of them even said "use Internet Explorer". Really???? Like, what version? IE 6? IE 11??  Yes, let's use things that haven't been supported in years.

Well, that's pretty typical for Intuit "support".

JulieS
Expert Alumni

I was able to replicate this loop by choosing "Visit all" in the Investment income section.

You can break out of this loop by clicking on Wages and Income in the upper left corner after you have entered all of your information for this section. Next choose, "I'll choose what I work on," the on the right. 

You can then proceed to the next section, Retirement Income by scrolling down to it and selecting Visit all, or picking a specific topic. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies