Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax 2021 Stuck in a loop at investment income

Stuck in the same loop here. Not happy but this nonsense is why I start my taxes early.

I expected trouble after the CD install when It updated and just exited instead of actually starting the program.  And updated and exited again when I opened the shortcut.

MarkonTT

Same problem. Is there a fix? I always have TT walk me through each item.

I use TurboTax premier 2021 and doing my tax and it stuck in the looping constantly and not moving the next section under the Investment Income.  Please let me know when it will be fix or will be the next updates on this software.  Please let me know.  Thanks!

I have the same issue with other users and one of them stated, "I answer no / none to all these investment income questions, but TT2021 keeps returning me to the first!

1. Did you sell any investments in 2021? (No)
  2. Did you have investment losses you couldn't claim in 2020? (No)
  3. Did you receive a Form 2439 for 2021? (No)
  4. Any Straddles or Section 1256 Contracts? (No)
  5. Incentive Stock Options (No)
  6. Back to #1"
  7. I am doing the same options above and having the same issues.  Please help to resolve this issue.  Thanks. On 02.13.2022.
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@UserusesTTPremier

To confirm, are you using the Desktop version and not the Online version?  Please respond here and someone else will reach out with the next steps.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

February 14th 2022.  Allowed Turbo Tax to update upon opening the program.  Issue is still not fixed.  The same loop referenced in all these posts is still occurring.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

It looks like the issue is still being worked on. You can use the FAQ link provided below to sign up for updates on when the issue will be resolved:

Why am I stuck in a loop in the Investment Income section when I choose "Walk me through everything?...

@ypcsteamboat

MarkonTT

Thank you for clearly stating the obvious. I choose walk through b/c I am not an expert and do not want to miss anything - hence my reliance on “Experts at TTx” 

After yesterday's upgrades still have the SAME Investment LOOP issue.

BUT a new ISSUE has surfaced........when exiting TT Error 70001 Turbotax is already

running under another account. Switch users and run from another account.  Unreal!!

Also when starting another Federal return for another person the TIN numbers were incorrect from the two W2's when transfering 2020 tax info.....somehow they were swapped. I had imported one W2 and manually typed the other.....Unreal #2 !!

Sorry, but the referenced link really says nothing about the fix.  All it says is how to sign up for information when a correction is available, perhaps up to 7 days.  This is seriously ridiculous folks.

I too have experienced the Error 70001 - I received it early in February and again yesterday. 

Hello there,
Yes, I am using Desktop Intuit Turbo Tax Premier 2021. It is still having the loop issues under the investment income section that walking thru the process. Thanks, please let me know when will be fix on that and much appreciated. Thanks again. On 02.15.2022.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

We are currently experiencing an issue we are investigating regarding this. 

Please sign up here to get an email once we get this resolved. 

We need to get this resolved. Many of us are on hold until this gets resolved. We started our taxes early, for various reasons, and now are at a stand still. How does this happen? Not a good image for TTx.

I'm stuck in the same loop.  Does anyone from TurboTax acknowledge this issue?

Like all the post above, My TurboTax app also goes into the same loop. I do not want to use a work-around to make it work!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies