Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax 2021 Not Loading on MacOS 12.2

I have the Amazon download version of Home and Biz 2021 which appears to install ok with no errors but will not open after install. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but get the same results, icon appears in the tray, no splash screen and almost an instant "quit unexpectedly" message.  I am running MacOS 12.2 Beta on the 2021 M1 MBP.  Problem Report is below

[PII Removed]

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

You can find assistance to troubleshoot this issue by clicking here. It will guide you step by step to help you access your software once installed. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks but I don't believe this is the issue I am having. I'm getting a crash report and not a "can not be opened" message.  My crash report unfortunately got removed from my post as PII even though I don't think it contained any.  I attached it as a photo this time.

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 1.34.20 PM.png

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

@dmcwhirter.  We would like to get more information.  In your profile there should be a setting for direct messaging.  Please turn that on, and respond @DanielV01 when you do for further instructions.  Thank you.

@DanielV01 Private messaging appears to be turned on.

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

@dmcwhirter Apparently it's a profile issue on my end that is not allowing me to send you a direct message.  Thank you for your patience.  I hope to have this resolved by tomorrow.  Please be assured we are interested in assisting in resolving your issues quickly, and not just for you, but for all customers.

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

@dmcwhirter:  If possible, can you attach your entire log file to this private message?  It will allow our IT team to further investigate your experience and see if we can determine what is happening for you, and hopefully address other customer concerns as well.

@DanielV01  I don't see any way to attach a file so I attached it as a code sample.  Additional notes since my last message, I have upgraded to MacOS 12.2 Beta 2 and I attempted to reinstall TT2021.

[PII Removed]

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

@dmcwhirter  Thank you for sharing this valuable information.  We are escalating your experience with this information to an IT team to further investigate.  Either myself or another representative will reach out to you.  If 2 or 3 days pass and you don't hear from me, please post back @DanielV01 to get my attention and I will follow through.  Thank you again.

Bouncing this back up, issue still persists and I've run through everything that has been asked thus far and my contact has gone silent on me.  This sounds very similar to this post 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/mac-os-big-sur-when-will-turbotax-run-under-this-...

other than I am on Monterey beta and not Big Sur.

Has anyone had success getting the Amazon version of TT21 to run on a Mac? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies