Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Gervan77

Turbotax 2019 State Return download loop

I finished the federal return and on the tab for the state taxes; however, even though it has my state and the "start" button next to it, each time I press start to begin, it pops up to download the state documents, but it would conclude that Turbotax is up to date.  I cannot get past this to continue with the state return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Try this recently updated FAQ.  There's a state fix file download and run.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/state-loop-indicates-turbotax-is-up-to-date-after-...

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
77walker

Your fix program doesn't work at all and I already paid for my state program and now I cannot get it.  Your IT group is horrible that they cannot seem to get this fixed.  You have enough people complaining about the same thing.  Run this through your test environment and get the loop taken care of.  I have wasted enough time and money trying to figure out your poor programming.

RichE1

I had to contact Turbotax via phone (not too long a wait, 5 min?), they authorized the California state tax forms/installer and emailed the link to it and the code to enable it.  Closed Turbotax, ran CA installer, which reopened the main program and all worked fine from there on.

Jenn Goen
Returning Member

A user helped me fix this probably like a month ago using a windows command and now I can't find their post.  If anyone can provide a copy of that post I would greatly appreciate it because it worked and I foolishly didn't keep the directions and need to do it again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies