turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Re: Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

So I have been on the phone now for at least a couple hours with support with no luck. She has had me try these things, that may help others...just not me.

- Reinstall the software.  I had a disc but downloaded the latest version from the Intuit site, version 2018.010.0100 and used it instead.

- Right click on the icon, go to the compatibility tab, and select Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 8 and then in the Settings section, Run this  program as administrator

- She then sent me a new version of the software, that was not on the download page before, and had me download and install it, version 2018.171.0100. 

- Then she had me download the manual update here, https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901192-manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-deluxe...

- Nothing fixed the crashing issue so, as a last resort, she refunded my money and suggested that I try the online version so I will give that a go.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I'm having the same issue. It seems its quite prevalent.

Having the same issue with Home&Business.  Never happened in previous years.  2018 crashed 3 times at the same spot in income questions. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies