, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
If you're having trouble updating your TurboTax 2014 for Windows software using the "Check for Updates" method, you can get your federal program update here:
- Close TurboTax and all other programs except this browser window.
- Click the button below to download the federal program update (110 MB):
- Save the file to your Desktop.
- After the file finishes downloading, go to your Desktop and double-click the "vise grip" icon, pictured below:
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.
2010—2013 Manual Updates
To update your prior-year TurboTax for Windows software, follow the instructions above, but instead of clicking the button in Step 2, click the link that corresponds to your tax-year version:
2009 and earlier manual updates are not available, as these products are no longer supported. More info
- Verify TurboTax 2014 for Windows Basic, Deluxe, Premier, or Home & Business is on the latest release