Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbotax 2018 Crashes on Mac when saving pdf or printing no matter what I do

@mschumpert wrote:

1. Yes, I uninstalled and deleted according to instructions. But as mentioned before, I was unable to find some of the files they said to be deleted. Then emptied the trash and restarted and reinstalled...

2. Your suggestion to try a different user proved fruitful. I followed your instructions and set up a new user. The program was already installed under the user, so I started it, and without doing anything else, tried to preview it, and also print it. Both worked.

3. I wonder if I can share the file I've worked so hard on with the other user and print/save it from there? What might my next steps be? Thanks for your help...

#2 - That indicates that there is indeed a problem with the first user account.   You might want to take the Mac to an Apple store Genius Bar for help.

#3 - Sure you can.  There are several ways.

Just move the .tax file to the first users Public -> Drop Box and use the File -> Get Info (or use the Command key and I when the file is selected), then at the bottom of the pop-up Info Box change the permissions so the file is Read/Write for Everyone (you will probably need the admin password to unlock the box.)     The new User can then navigate on the Macintosh HD -> Users -> first User name -> Public - Drop Box and locate the file.   And move it where you want.

https://www.imore.com/mac-help-sharing-files-between-users-same-mac

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2017/10/06/how-to-share-files-between-users-same-mac/

Also file sharing:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/set-up-file-sharing-on-mac-mh17131/mac

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Thanks...I got it printed and saved using the other user account. It was a major pain though, but at least it's done! I'm not sure if it's necessary to go to Genius Bar now, but I'll be sure to test the next iteration of Turbotax early in the process!

Glad you got it printed.    Unless you missed a file to uninstall then it would appear that there is some other basic problem with that user account that could affect other things as well, so beware.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies