Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Turbo Card and Coronavirus Stimulus

I think that SBTG ltr is suspect too.

However, I think I have finally figured out the Major disconnect between us believers and the skeptics.  And it's all thanks to Ninja!

Here's what I think. Some people went to a tax office, had them do their taxes. Then they got a REFUND ADVANCE (also was an option for internet users).

They were given their Advance on a prepaid debit card directly from the Tax preparers POCKET (SBTG, H&R,Jackson..) you following me??? THEEEEESE are the cards that Ninja is so adimate about, and he is right about that. The rtg and acct# for the cards used for the refund advance HAVE to be different from the rtg and acct # that the tax preparer gives the its to have the refundcdeposited into because the Tax preparer wants it first! Not you. 

They get their money then send you the rest.

Think about it, if they give the irs the same acct info that is linked to your advance card then when the IRS sends the refund it goes str8 to You, Not Them!

Therefy, I further believe that regular old ttcard holders who received their refund dd, even with prep fees taken out but NO advance money given on a prepaid card and then dished out the rest later by the TAX PREPARER and NOT the IRS directly, are Cool🐳

As for the others that got a preloaded card before you got your refund AND received that refund from your TAX PREPARER and NOT the IRS (which is the 3rd party thing Ninja was talking about)....

It won't be August. It'll be early next month.

Sound about right?

money,  correct!  When you're receiving DD from your employer. Its "from your employer/payroll company direct.  From them to you

(Your acct#/routing#)

If you selected DD to turbocard for taxes the....

I.r.s. sends all monies to TurboTax acct#/routing# w"Santa Barbara., they minus your filing costs for their services(TurboTax) 

And then.....Santa Barbara/ turbotax

(Just like employer/payroll)

Deposit your money into your

Acct# n routing #

I hope this makes sense.  I hope everyone with turbocard receives it yesterday,  like the rest of the filers who have already filled and received their federal return in their own personal credit union/ bank

(Not third party) 

Hell, even chime bankers have received theirs

Not correct money binoculars.  I double checked and triple checked the routing number and account numbers on both my 1040 and my debit card account.  They are exactly the same.  If my tax return payment was sent to a third party bank before it was sent to me the routing and account numbers would be different on my 1040.

By default, the treasury sent stimulus payments to the routing and account numbers on your most recent 1040 on April 9th.

That may be correct... that the cards for advances are different. I know the card I have wasn’t that type since I did not take an advance. The one I have shows truly like a bank account and allows everything that a back account would... dd (even offers money for setting up dd)  money transfers, check cashing etc. These cards make sense to have the money deposited from even the banks perspective as they would receive kick back from usage as that’s how a lot of these digital type banks work they want your money in the account so you use the cards. 

Mclark2

Literally just spoke to turbotax.  Call the 800 number.  They just said IT WILL GO ON YOUR TURBO CARD!!!!!! Either 2018 or 2019 if you filed already!!!! 

LOL about "we'd have it"

But what about the tens of posts from people who receivedd emails saying pending, and the list of banks right here on this thread with green dot showing pending, plus the logic?

cor2518
Returning Member

I agree with this. I never did the cash advance when we did our taxes just waited for them and had DD on the turbo card. We also use our card for employees wages dd  we have no problem ect. 

Last response,

I received my fed return on turbocard, didn't get an advance,  haven't received stimulus. My sister n husband w child received their stimulus check yesterday,  into a federal credit union.  My cousin received his  stimulus today on his chime card .. why has NO turbocard user nationwide received theirs? Someone answer that question..... PLEASE

Lol just go read the megathread up on reddit... Includes many screenshots also to prove that YES people have either received their stimulus or its pending.... When will you people stop spreading all this false information. This is the WORST place I've ever went to maybe get an answer to something lmao. Thankfully there's a few here that have some dang common sense and have tried to tell actual Facts and there's still you people constantly posting over and over again complete bull. 

Its called "job security"! If employees of TurboTax said you will not receive stimulus on turbocard,  they would lose customers who HAVE NOT FILED YET for the 2019 season! Wow..........

IMAGINE??

Not all the payments have been disbursed they just started Friday and will continue to release them this upcoming week. 

**bleep**, Chime?

I have been on this post since almost the beginning giving the correct information and everyone here will find that everyone is misinformed until I t’s the answer they want. Many people are 100% correct In their response and a lot aren’t. Even if I said the EVERYONE is getting a DD on EVERY Turbo card, someone would post the same question in 15 mins with all new answers from all new people. I promise that the information shared by myself is 100% true and if that’s not acceptable then you will have to stay on here until someone gives you the answer that makes you feel comfortable. My family works for a tax firm and most agents are honestly clueless so they ask other agents and share 50 / 50 information. Some give the correct answer and some don’t. 

Thanks Cbowen,

So you

1) got a refund advance put on a card, and then got the rest of your tax money later?   And

2) you checked your card info and 1040 info and it all matches?

Cuz thats what I was talking about, let ne know

Right right Chris, thats what um sayin. Regular cards/bank info/refund went straight to it directly from the IRS (numbers match 1040). We should be cool.

With all the complications and questions and crazy talk, culminating with Ninja, he triggered a thought which led to a rationalization of how Prepaid cards that were given as a Refund Advance are probably NOT the same accounys the tax prepare gave the IRS to send the REST of the refund to.

And this would disqualify a person from receiving direct deposit to that Prepaid card, cuz it Ain't on file with the IRS

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies