turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Turbo Card and Coronavirus Stimulus

I have Emerald card nothing yet

T Taxhas partnered with the IRS to help speed up the delivery of stim pay to people who aren't required to file tax returns, the company announced in a press release on Saturday morning.

The tax-preparation company now has a stim registration page  where low-income Americans can submit their direct-deposit information or mailing address to receive their stimulus payment. The product is free to use and includes a stimulus-payment calculator to find out exactly how much you're getting.

Sounds like a load of crap to me.

From that they talked to the IRS on Sat 4/4/20 and here it is 4/10/20 and they are still waiting on the IRS to tell them something. SMH

If you got fees out it went through Santa Barbara Group so you WILL get a check and this is screwing all of the Turbo Card Users. We all need to come together and stay away from Turbo Tax and their affiliates ( Green Dot Bank, Santa Barbara Group ) and not give them our business so next year they see how it feels to be screwed out of money we all need! 

Payments won't post till next week for direct deposit to banking accounts

@Scottyh04 when you enter your info on that Santa Barbara website, do they have record of you? Just curious.

If it has a routing and account number, why would it not be direct deposited? That doesn't make any sense.

ALL EVERYONE CAN TO IS WAIT AND HOPE FOR THE BEST .... if you have already filed a 2019 return there is nothing you can do until something happens no matter how much you wish and pray for a miracle ... there is no fairy godmother with a magic wand to help you now. 

If you get the DD in the next 2 weeks then you are done.  Be happy.

If you do not get the DD by the time the IRS finally opens the promised portal then you can update your information at that time.   

Follow this site for updates:

CORONAVIRUS TAX CENTER: 2020 STIMULUS

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus

Yes they do         @charles757710 @Charles757710, but I also got my fees taken out and a $2,000 advance

Stimulus  check releases started yesterday by my understanding.  Going out to people who made 10,000 or less and then it continues going upward.  If we haven't gotten any update from Turbotax by now,  I'm thinking it's too late.  You'll either get it on card or by mail. 

It's frustrating for sure, especially when some of us haven't been able to work.  I expect more out of Turbotax,  I paid over 300 for my taxes this year for their extra services. 

Good luck to you all

@Scottyh04 see unfortunately that’s how it works for people who had fees taken out or an advance. See I am 20 years old only made 12200 last year. So I didn’t meet the requirements to get fees taken out. When I enter my info on Santa barbra they have no record of me

DIRECT DEPOSITS  started going out yesterday ... actual checks are not due out until later this month ...

According to The Washington Post, which has reviewed a timetable from the IRS:

“If we if have your [bank] information you’ll get it within two weeks,” Mnuchin said.

• “Social Security, you’ll get it very quickly after that.
  • If we don’t have your information you’ll have a simple web portal, we’ll upload it.
  • If we don’t have that, we’ll send you checks in the mail.”

If there is no account information, stimulus checks first will be sent to taxpayers with the lowest income:

• April 24: Less than $10,000
  • May 1: $10,001 - $20,000
  • May 8 : $20,001 -$30,000
  • May 15: $30,001 - $40,000
  • May - September: checks sent in order from lowest income to highest income based on 2018 or 2019 tax information
  • September 4: remaining checks sent
  • September 11: checks sent to those who didn’t provide information to IRS. Source: Forbes

For information on how to ensure you'll get your stimulus check, click on the TurboTax FAQ Everything to help you get your stimulus check as soon as possible.

This was posted on the SBTPG website on 4/9/20…. 

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

I paid for tax preparation using Santa Barbara TPG this tax season. How will I receive my Economic Impact Payment?

The IRS will be distributing Economic Impact Payments directly to taxpayers and TPG will not play a role in facilitating these payments. Unfortunately, TPG does not have any visibility into this information; therefore our agents cannot answer any questions regarding these payments.

The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that received a direct deposit. 

An IRS  issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office or a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG.

In my opinion :

ALL EVERYONE CAN TO IS WAIT AND HOPE FOR THE BEST .... if you have already filed a 2019 return there is nothing you can do until something happens no matter how much you wish and pray for a miracle ...

If you get the DD in the next 2 weeks then you are done.  Be happy.

If you do not get the DD by the time the IRS finally opens the promised portal then you can update your information at that time.   

Follow this site for updates:

CORONAVIRUS TAX CENTER: 2020 STIMULUS

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus

Critter is clearly just one of the experts on a different account or a friend of one of theres

@charles757710  Yea I'm 30 with 2 kids and needed some parts for my car so I said I'll take it. Those who didn't might get theirs, I'm just pissed in any case because the customer's who pay big fees like me, for both my Fiance' and I because our incomes and claiming kids and investments  is why  it's messed up.  You might get it, but I really wouldn't count on it bro. 

Ok everybody ... the payments will take MONTHS to be released  ... the IRS must issue millions of them all while still processing income tax returns  with antiquated equipment   AND with a reduced work force. 

PATIENCE WILL BE NEEDED FOR ALL INVOLVED.  

Manage cookies