Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Turbo Card and Coronavirus Stimulus

Although I didn't pay them to prepare my taxes nor did they issue me my TT Card... DOES ANYONE REMEMBER WHERE OR HAVE THE ENVELOPE WITH THE ADDRESS THE TURBO CARDS CAME IN WAS?!

@Scottyh04 @charles757710 - my fear is those who had the fees taken out from their refund will get checks. 

there had to be a way for the refunds to go to SBPTG so they could subtract the fees BEFORE you saw the remaining refund on the card.  That was probably a different account number that was temporary. 

not knowing that, I suspect the iRS will send a direct deposit to that temporary account, be informed it is closed and that will precipitate a check.  You would have an account at SBTPG in this case.

If you didn't request the fees be subtracted, then you have no account at SBTPG and you'll get a direct deposit of the rebate.

what a mess! 

Critter you obviously work for them so go away.

So I have been helping others on another forum for some time now. I am not a tax agent but thankfully I live with people who can help. This has all happened in 2008 and the same questions your asking today were asked then. I’ll send a link but it’s looking like those who had taxes loaded on a card and had FEES paid, which involves a third party bank such as Santa Barbra and many others, will have to wait until IRS portal opens up to inform of proper bank info or receive paper check. Those who did not pay fees such as TT Visa card got there stimulus loaded last time and it’s looking to be the same this go around. The IRS can make agreements and do things differently but besides info I’ve been informed of, here is the link to help settle some issues 

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2008/04/your-stimulus-payment-is-on-the-way-eventually/inde...

@Kimmediato22  - excellent information - thank you for posting. 

@Scottyh04 

I do not work for any of them ... 😜

@Kimmediato22  

Thanks for the blast from the past ... I vaguely remembered this about the third party issues slowing things up a bit.     

Hopefully the IRS will get the Portal open AND FULLY OPERATIONAL SOON  .... but  back in 2008   the IRS did not also have an active  tax season  &  a pandemic to deal with so if they can pull off a working portal in a timely manner is yet to be seen.  Everyone needs to be patient and expects bugs/glitches to happen. 

dottie1

• I'd like to get my stimulus package on my turbo tax card. Is that possible?

Only if you go to Santa Barbra tax group website and enter ur information. If they have it you will be getting a paper check

*****most likely*****

6FA843A0-11F3-4C55-A35D-C4B9D8C3F02D.png

Then that may mean that Santa Barbra has no idea what their talking about and we will all get the money thru the card

29E24CEB-6C49-49D5-8100-BE616B78F956.png

From the IRS web site updated today  :  https://www.irs.gov/

IRS SCREEN.pngirs non filers.pngirs non filers 2.pngirs  filers .png

I only made 7265$ last year. I filed taxes and got a refund. Was I not supposed to do that lol?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies