Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Turbo Card and Coronavirus Stimulus

I’m never using turbo tax again. I’m going to hire an expensive professional this is bs. The smart thing to do is to send an email to people who got the turbo card asking if you you’d like the money there or not. If they don’t respond automatically send a paper check.

That is what I was saying when they said they would not deposit it to the turbo tax card. When taxes were submitted it has an account and routing number so i dont see why there should be an issue. 

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

"We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates"

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Stimulus payments are starting to go out today, so why can’t we get an actual answer about whether or not the money will be deposited into our turbo tax card account? This money is detrimental to so many people and the difference between it being deposited or being mailed a check is months! I know that I personally will not make it through until May or June if I am not able to get this money. This is so absurd to me. On our tax forms, where DD information is provided, it has a checking account and routing number there and they match my turbo card account info. So what is the issue and why can’t it be directly deposited into that account? 

@Kbella143 - the direct deposits will not begin until early next week.  That is what Treas. Sec. Mnuchin told Congress yesterday

see link

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2020/04/08/coronavirus-stimulus-payments-will-hit-direct-d...

but maybe the information below will help you plan for 'worst case scenario'

if use of the cards you reference result in direct deposit, you will know next week as you will receive the stimulus money

if they do not result in direct deposit, than means you'll get a check.  It also means that since you already filed either 2018 or 2019 tax return, the only way to provide the IRS your banking information so that a direct deposit occurs, is to wait for them to produce the website they promised.

The issue isn't IF you are going to receive the stimulus money, it's WHEN.  and WHEN is important if you are unemployed with bills piling up,

for the checks, here is the broad schedule Treasury Secretary Mnuchin outlined last week.  the checks will be sent based on your income on your tax return.

Week of April 24:  incomes under $10k

week of May 1: incomes under $20k

week of May 8: incomes under $30k

etc.

so maybe this will help you plan for 'worst case scenario' - that is not the answer you are seeking, but whether the cards constitute direct deposit or not isn't well understood,

hope this helps. 

Stop with the Expert Automated Messages and give us answers. Your telling me Turbo Tax can work so fast with IRS for those who didn't file returns,but takes weeks to get a straight forward answer on if Turbo Card Members or Turbo Card Members who took advances or paid filing fees will get the stimulus on a Green Dot BANK Card!!!! ( All because you needed to use this Santa Barbara Group as a third party, but says it's a member of Green Dot BANK. You Experts are just making it worse passing the buck to the IRS website. We are TURBO TAX CUSTOMERS so fight to get answers for YOUR CUSTOMERS not hide behind the IRS website with automated messages !!!

I Think the bigger question is why wouldn’t you get it on the card and who started the rumor that we wouldn’t? It’s a Bank, there’s a Routing and Account number, it’s a FDIC member , IRS already DIRECT DEPOSITED money on there and money can STILL be direct deposited. The Santa Barbra stuff is not related and Green Dot bank goes by these names :GoBank, Green Dot Bank and Bonneville Bank. until Turbo Tax or Green Dot website gives alternative info then try to relax. I need the money just as bad as some others do and I think it’s clouding the common sense aspect here. If you were using any other bank with Direct Deposit you would not stress it. Government clearly stated that Direct deposit info given to them is what they will use and the only way you wouldn’t get your money is if Green Dot literally choses to reject it and thats not in there best interest nor would it make any sense whatsoever. Make sure your card is activated and if you really want to see if the Direct Deposit works just have your employer load a small amount on it. It will work and though I can’t stand this card either ,“at the moment” it will work for its intended purposes.

OK EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD ... INSTEAD OF ARGUING ABOUT SOMETHING NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE (EVEN THE IRS HAS NOT POSTED ANYTHING)  UNTIL SOMEONE  POSTS THAT THEY GOT THE DD TO A GREEN DOT CARD ISSUED THRU SANTA BARBARA BANK  AND THEY USED THE REFUND PROCESSING SERVICE  WE WILL HAVE TO BE PATIENT  ... UNTIL THEN WE DON'T REALLY  HAVE THE ANSWER.

DD PAYMENTS ARE GOING OUT THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS SO IF YOU DO NOT GET ONE YOU WILL NEED  TO WAIT UNTIL THE END OF THE MONTH FOR THE IRS PORTAL TO OPEN TO UPDATE THEIR INFORMATION.   

@immediatok - you raise good points and it appears TT works with multiple banks  and the processes can be different with each bank.  In some cases fees are taken out of the refunds before the remainder is provided to the taxpayer.  each of those permutations may have a different outcome depending on the contractual relationship between the bank and the taxpayer and TT. 

Yes i want to see if they can deposite it in my greendot bank instead of the direct dospsite i had last year on my taxes because i dont got that card no more can you give me a call back at [phone number removed]

www.SBTPG.Com  Go there and read the info updated April 8th at 5:26 am.  Try to enter your tax info and if they have it your getting a paper check

I just entered my info on that website. They have no record of me. I chose the turbo visa debit card by the way. So that shows that it has nothing to do with the Santa Barbra stuff

Does anyone know if they will deposit on the turbo card?? Intuit is not answering questions.

Nellie55

Yes look like we might be a check and I’m so

pissed about that. Because the numbers match on my tax and the account but the bank said we be getting a check. So everyone who used the **bleep** turbo card will get a check. This can not be life right now. Smh I’m hoping I just wake up one day and check and it there hahaha because they said it gonna be weeks or months before we get a paper check 

@Nellie55 @What bank did you talk to

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies