Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Turbo Card and Coronavirus Stimulus

Will I get my stimulus check on my turbo card 

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

It is still to be determined if the deposit will go through the third party processing bank. We are currently working with the IRS to determine how the stimulus payments will be issued. We will update this page when more information is available:

CARES Act - Stimulus Payment Information - Santa Barbara Tax Products Group

If the IRS does not use the TurboTax card, please see the information below the IRS has posted:

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Please see the information from the IRS below, regarding the stimulus checks:

Economic impact payments: What you need to know

Please check for updates here: Coronavirus Tax Relief

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Everyone should quit stressing and the question has been answered many times here. The Tax Pros and individuals in finance and or employed with Green Dot / Turbo Tax simply do not know. The IRS would actually have a harder time not sending this money to your Routing and Account number supplied on your 1040 in the Direct Deposit box then they would otherwise. If that number in your 1040 can receive funds from your employer or anyone else who sends money to that Account and Routing number then you should most definitely believe that the IRS will see it as the same thing. It’s a Direct Deposit to a bank that is directly linked to the Turbo Visa card you received your taxes on. Make sure the card is still open and active and there should be no problem. This is especially important for those who did Taxes free of charge and had your refund sent to the card. Make sure your DD info on your 1040 matches your card DD info. You can see your 1040 on the Turbo Tax app if you downloaded and did them on there. You could also simply log into Turbo tax and look at your form that way 

Here’s some updated info. Though it doesn’t directly cover Turbo Visa card it does clarify something’s related

Here's how it works:

If you filed a 2018 and/or 2019 return with the IRS, and at least one of those returns had a refund which was direct-deposited, the IRS will deposit your stimulus payment into that account (if it's closed, you'll get a check instead.)

If you filed a 2018 and/or 2019 return and neither one had a refund coming, the IRS will mail you a stimulus check. The same holds true if these returns had a refund which was sent as a check.

In other words, if you requested a direct-deposited refund on at least one return in the past two years – 2018 or 2019 – your stimulus will be direct-deposited into that account (assuming it's still valid), and if not, you'll get a check. This cannot be changed.

What was the use for this card if we can't get the stimulus payment on it. Some us can't wait on pay check if we could we would of never used this card to our tax return. Ive been out of work and all the things the government has promised seem not to apply. So I y'all should something to fix this problem ASAP we have kids to take care of

If you put your info in the Santa whatever bank it will pull up your refund if you got a cash advance or paid for your filing fee with them. They state we will receive a paper check for anyone who used this service via their website April 8th. The tax "experts" have their automated message because they don't want people to stop using their third party services (which is always in fine print says green Dot bank,but they are a part of Santa Barbara Group). Your Green Dot Card Routing and Card account doesn't matter it states that it's "subject to change" since the backlash, but I garuntee we don't see paper checks until May for anyone who got a cash advance or had their filing fees taken out and I believe for anyone who used Turbo Card. I'm no going to speak on it anymore because these 'experts' will say anything to avoid the truth and an outrage from turbo tax customers because they can still make money off of people. Look they already screwed millions from charging for their "free" tax preparations and anyone who was supposed to get free filing can put in their info on the Santa Barbara page and see what they charged for Turbo Tax Services. SMH

@Scottyh04 @I don’t know what you mean by tax advance or all that. But I think anyone who chose the turbo card will get the money on that

Yeah i know i was reading that. It a little upsetting when you have people depending on you. Thank you for your feedback 

Yall should really stop posting that its still being worked out. Its nothing but lie. I will never use this service again. 1st of all it was suppose to be free to file my income tax LIE.. This is ridiculous  tell the truth

How about no thanks last year I’m with y’all delaying my ass more when I’m laid off 

No Santa Barbara bank said it would be a check look at their website . 

What I find interesting is they have been front line with everything else . Especially trying to get the people to come in who haven’t filed taxes . But they are avoiding saying anything about this. Good job having our backs .  Now I know 

I'm mean if you got a cash advance or had turbo tax take the filing fees out of your income tax, they use this Santa Barbara Group which is a sub company of Green Dot Bank and it's says on their website anyone who did this will receive paper checks. Now that was updated April 8th, but last night I looked at the page and the now have **Anything is Subject to Change........ That because they know the answer already, but want to give us false hope like the media n every other scam around.

That what I'm saying people who haven't filed yet so they can still make money if the person chooses the Turbo Card and to take out for their filling fees so why would they say oh do direct deposit so you will get your stimulus check quicker and loose on Santa Barbara Group making money. Come on people you really think Turbo Tax cares about us when they charged us for returns that were supposed to be "free"  ?????

Do we have any updated info as to if the stimulus can be deposited on turbo tax card

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies