Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This year turbo tax didn’t ask about my healthcare insurance any idea why?

Thank you for giving me the idea to use Tax Act next year-I have called Turbo Tax repeatedly and they refuse to give me a refund even though the product they sold us was defective.  Six months later, no refund from the IRS and out the $80 I wasted on trusting Turbo Tax.  

Looking for the thread that was suggesting organizing a class action lawsuit-any direction would be appreciated.  I think it's time to head down that road. 

I called in March as well and they, at first, had no idea what I was talking about regarding this problem with their software not asking for healthcare information. I hadn't called again until I read someone on here  had recently called and was given a refund. So I thought it wouldn't hurt to try again. I honestly didn't they would, but I told the person on the phone that I have been waiting for 6 months with no refund plus I was fairly irate. They had to call to get approval for it and it worked. I think by now, enough people have been complaining about this that they realize they need to issue refunds.

Just an update. I had the same issue here as everyone else. I really wanted to file a class action, but then covid happened. I filed my taxes on January 27th, sent in my Marketplace form to the IRS in early February, and finally received my federal refund in mid July! I called TT for probably the 6th time since January and the man that I spoke to actually refunded my filing fees!!! I still feel that it's unacceptable that it took over 6 months, thousands of pissed consumers, and a global pandemic for them to refund my measly 80 dollars, but at least I finally got it back! Don't stop asking. Be a Karen! 

FYI, after 6 months of waiting, I finally received my refund from the IRS.  

For those who are still waiting, hang in there.  It won't be long now. 

Well, here it is almost September and I'm still waiting for my refund.  Where's My Refund still says they're processing. 

So all of you who got your refund back in July or August were just really lucky.  

Thanks TuboTax!  You're one of the little turds that's made 2020 so memorable!

I am still waiting for my refund too. I filed Jan 30, mailed in my 8962 on March 1, then faxed it in June 2oth. When I called the IRS a few days ago they pushed back when I should expect it, from the end of August to the end of September.

I called the other day too and they still didn’t have the 8962 I sent in on file. Said not to worry it’s probably sitting in the warehouse still where all the mail goes . It’s so frustrating. On top of the government playing around about this second stimulus check. I’m a waitress and I need help! I’m not making the money I used to make 

I also filed 1st day a few days later received notice about my healthcare like everyone else. I have spoke to them June July and a few days ago. They informed me I was in the tread the 1st time all paperwork received 6-8 weeks wait. Nothing... same in July and also the other day. I asked at the end of the (45 minutes wait)  why have I been told each time, "Alll paperwork received a d 6-8 weeks wait". I was informed because that is what the supervisor has told them . Basically it's a scripted response that changes every month. No faith in getting refund any time soon. I expect to see a stimulus check before my own taxes are refund. At least it shows received so I did get that but so unfair for others that did not get a stimulus. Rant over! Over all this TT/IRS bull just give me my money you took and you owe me! Now Rant over!!!!

Received letter from IRS 9/17/20 stating be another 60 days 

WTF. Another 60 days. Disgrace. 

Atleast you heard something . I haven’t heard a thing! It’s been like 8 months . 

Same bull**bleep** happened to me! I am so aggravated.  Files with Turbotax in February.  It is September 24  ---  still no return!! I blame turbotax 100%!

Xfghhh

I’m in this exact boat...every detail. In fact I’m STILL waiting for my refund. I did however think about emailing them to complain and before I could ever do it I had a refund in my account for the full cost of doing my taxes. This was literally just today. So I’m assuming they are starting to issue refunds to people in our boat. Curious if you’ve ever gotten a return yet...?

I filed 2/21. Received letter 4/10 faxed back 4/10. Just checked where's my refund says I will have 10/12.  8 months. And I had to take a loan to stay afloat. Turbo tax sucks. 

Kelliknight3669
Returning Member

Nope! I originally filed end of January and STILL haven’t gotten a penny. PLUS I’m not getting the full stimulus payment because the last approved filing they have for me was 2018. My ex filed our three children in 2018. My 2019 isn’t processed, so he got the additional credit on the stimulus payment, not me. So not only did Turbo Tax screw me for my 2019 federal taxes still being held up, but I also lost out on the child credit stimulus payment. This is BS!!! Why isn’t this being discussed in a more public forum to get someone...media’s attention that will force Turbo Tax to compensate our losses??!! To date, after checking daily, I still haven’t been given a date for my return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies