Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This year turbo tax didn’t ask about my healthcare insurance any idea why?

TurboTax screwed me also so how long do we have to wait now for our taxes

I faxed in my 1095 form and 89-62 along with the form they sent me it still says I have to wait 6 to 8 weeks wow I want my $90 back from TurboTax

Hi,

I honestly don’t know. I researched online and last year people were receiving them anywhere from 2 weeks to 4 weeks after faxing in those same forms.

They have a standard timeframe that some reps at irs will tell you of 6-8 weeks after you send it back, but most people were getting them before that but I did see as much as 4 weeks. Seriously hope it doesn’t take that long. I faxed in papers this morning so I will be calling next week to verify they received it at the least.

Really need my refund. 

bgn
Level 1

They allow for worst case scenario by saying 6-8 weeks but it can be sooner. Better to under promise and over deliver than the opposite.

Finally got my letter but it does not mention anything about sending back more than form 1095A and 8962.  They never mention that if there is a change in your refund, to send schedule 3 like others have mentioned  here.  Also they sent an envelop and a return page for it, but it says for inquiries only.  Can I use that and send all in the envelop they provided?   Somewhat confusing.   If I go the fax route I don't feel as safe as mailing it and am I to assume IRS will make the change to the refund +/- without the second page of 1040 or schedule 3 updated?  Anyone had this cleared up for them?

Persistence Pays Off. Annoying as it may be I would pursue this matter. The amount of money they charged you should be refunded. Turbo Tax should know the requirements from the IRS.  

The answer I got when I called was 4-6 weeks. She gave me a fax and ask that I put on the cover sheet:Att Reject Form.. REALLY TURBO TAX. 🙄

Yes they provided the envelope for this  purpose. My friend did both fax and mail. Mailing takes longer. Good luck and I hope it moves quickly for you. 

IRS will update the form and program will automatically calculate any changes in your total return amount. My niece actually got more back. 

Everybody needs to understand that if you do both fax and mail your requested documents you just gum up the system and make it longer for you and everybody to get their return.  When you fax your information gets put in and processing begins.  Then, when your mailed copy is received somebody has to physically open it and then IRS employee's time is wasted trying to process forms that are already being processed.  

Just do one of the things your letter asks.  If you don't trust faxing, then just mail it.  

I faxed my 8962, 1095a and my 1040 form on February 17th and just checked the Where's My Refund page. It updated today saying my refund should be sent to my bank by March 4th. Maybe that will give everyone a little hope that the process will not take 6 to 8 weeks.

Im with you. They wont even let me print my return so I can file form 8962. they say SORRY WE CANT ACCESSYOUR TAX RETURN RIGHT NOW PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER. Wasted weekend.

@blackdogsteve wrote:

Im with you. They wont even let me print my return so I can file form 8962. they say SORRY WE CANT ACCESSYOUR TAX RETURN RIGHT NOW PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER. Wasted weekend.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

I just filed my return.  We didn't report much income, but we received an Obamacare subsidy.  TurboTax never asked about our subsidy.  So what happens now?  I'm stressed out and I've wasted my time with this BS.  Other countries have public healthcare AND don't make people do this tax return BS - they just send you a bill and don't force you to hire a BS program.

We should overthrow the government.  Screw this whole country.  We're always at war and we're run by corporations.  The people who live here are getting **bleep**ed.

Me too. did you do an amendment on Turbo Tax? That is what I am thinking of doing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies