Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

YES!  It works!!!! Thanks a million......

To clear this problem I found a red flag review button on one of the w-2s.  The EIN for the employer had to be re-entered.  If not the w-2, review all of the government forms (1099, 1098, w-2 etc)

Was it Turbotac home and business . Because it wont let me efile say some forms cant be efiled bit didnt say what forms

The fix midday today worked. E-filed and done 15 minutes later with no other changes needed. Annoying that they didn't more openly acknowledge this, but it was fixed within a reasonable amount of time.

PS Someone go check on curtisray1. He might need help. Continuous rants about DEI that are likely completely unrelated to the topic at hand.

Update solved the problem!! Made it all the want to sign in to use my credit card to pay the state e-file fee. The link to sign in into my account for pay with credit card. Continually get an error “ unable to sign you into Turbo Tax Cloud. please check your sign-in info and try again. I have no problem signing into my Turbo Tax account. Any ideas?

The update TurboTax sent solved the issue. I was able to file my self employed taxes with no issue after I ran the update. 🙌🏾 

😃

I don't know how to get back to my original post.  To UPDATE: The bug was worked out.  I was able to efile this morning, making no changes to the return I tried to file, on Tuesday.      So frustrating that after using this software for (I thought) 15 years but more like 20, they had all the time in the world to prepare for this.  I'm just glad it's done.  I had anxiety thinking I'd have to trust the snail mail system.  I cannot remember filing by mail.  Good luck everyone.

SCPM
Level 1

Thank you for this answer! I was able to do the update and it let me e-file!

I was having the same problem.  Today, February 1, 2024, I updated my TurboTax Deluxe desktop version and tried to e-file again.  It worked!  They must have updated the software.  Please try again after updating.

Was able to file last night (after update) with Schedule C

Although the problem with the Schedule C was fixed, when I went through and checked the pages that were to be sent to the IRS, there was another one with a big gray "DO NOT FILE" note on it. Form not finalized. It is the page that states that nobody in my family gets health insurance from the government marketplace. I was ready to hit the Submit button, but decided to wait for the update. as of 12:31 EST on Feb. 1, no update has arrived.

Do you have to file that form?  I deleted it.

csanchez1

no I don't thanks for deleting it.

Folks,

The "certain forms that can't be e-filed" problem suffered by all users with Schedule C was finally fixed by the Turbotax update on 1/31. I was able to e-file without the need of any changes except installing the update.

After using TT for more than 30 years I am disappointed the way this was addressed. It took 30 pages of comments and multiple trial an error attempts by the users trying to fix this before TT acknowledged the problem and communicated with customers. This resulted in many users switching to other tax software.

I hope Intuit learns from this fiasco so it will not occur again in the future. Yes, we know errors are sometimes unavoidable, however immediate communication with customers when this occurs is essential to maintain our loyalty to the software.

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 11.43.28 PM.png

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies